Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM

Default $4/$8 Live -- KK HU Against A Seemingly Good Player

Villain has been playing super laggy, but he has pretty much always shown the goods. I don't know if he's just catching good cards or if this is style of play. He is well-known by the other loose passives at the table. I think it's safe to say he plays good, likely better than me (not that that means much, but remember this is 4/8), and a very good hand reader. He layed down two-pair against my rivered straight and somehow guessed the suits of both my K and J. He's constantly trying to intimidate players at the table, telling them to save their money etc.

One limper, Villain raises (he's been raising like 66% of his hands preflop), Hero 3-bets KK, blinds fold, limper folds, Villain 4-bets, Hero calls.

Flop is 223r
Villain bets, Hero raises, Villain 3-bets, Hero thinks he caps but Villain 5-bets (heads-up = no cap), Hero calls.

Turn is a non-flushdraw 9, Villain bets, Hero calls.

River is a 6, Villain checks and says show me two kings, Hero bets.

Should I raise more on the flop?
Should I raise the turn?
Should I read into the river comment at all?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: $4/$8 Live -- KK HU Against A Seemingly Good Player

I like your line except for the turn. I would two barrel him there and then just call down. I guess he could have ATC so, yeah, call down.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: $4/$8 Live -- KK HU Against A Seemingly Good Player

If he's really raising 66% of his hands preflop, I'd put in a raise on the turn and call down from there if he 3 bets. There is also probably merit to just calling the 3 bet to avoid slowing him down on the turn, but in this case obviously that wasn't necessary.

The comment on the river is his way of saying "you have better cards this time, but i am a better player than you, and don't you forget it" I think. He's probably got QQ, but might have KK.