Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Realationship advice

[ QUOTE ]

Confronting her and breaking up is hard. You shouldn't just wing it, go in with a plan of attack, rehearse what you are going to say, and then just do it.

You'll probably botch it up all to hell and it will end in tears all around, but that's how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am totally lost and wouldn't know where to begin. I don't want to do the "I think we need time off" or "I am confuzzzzzed" but something more genuine. LOL at asking other people about what is genuine for me, but this is really boggling my mind and I just have no clue what to do.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I stay with my gf bc this was just a random thing and I don't exactally know the motives of the mistress? Or do I break up with the gf bc I feel bad for "cheating" and I could have a shot with this other girl, girl that gives me the butterflies.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about, "break up with girlfriend because you don't really love her and she's just someone to have sex with?"

[ QUOTE ]
P.s. My gf was in another zip code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, so what? This is completely irrelevant.

Either tell your girlfriend you cheated on her and you're sorry, or break up with her.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's cool that you didn't cheat on her

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, did you even read the OP? He said he made out with this other chick and got to "2nd base." Would your girlfriend be happy if you did this to her?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM

it's only cheating when the baby pops out
Old 11-05-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's cool that you didn't cheat on her

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, did you even read the OP? He said he made out with this other chick and got to "2nd base." Would your girlfriend be happy if you did this to her?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious he is invoking the 50 mile rule.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess I am asking as well how do I do it and how do I stay friends with her. I know this is a total noob question and it is asked almost every day in our culture but I never really paid attention to the answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a noob question because most normal people have enough good friends that they don't need to remain friends with someone who they used be in a romantic relationship with. My best friends are people I have known for 10+ years. Why do I need to be buddy-buddy with some girl I dated for two months? It's over...move on.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty obvious he is a moron with the social awareness of a home-schooled kid

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM

This has to be some weird troll cuz nobody could possibly think that it's ok to post pics directly from facebook and not realize that you can't edit posts after like 5 minutes, right?

Right?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just went through exactly the same thing. I dated a girl for 3 years, i loved her but wasnt in love with her. I really didnt enjoy spending time with her that much. The sex life was stale. I stayed with her for so long because i knew it would hurt, and i knew it was not the "safe" route. I should have done it much sooner honestly. Dump her, dont stay with someone just because it is safe and easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you go about dumping her?

[/ QUOTE ]

I told her that i wasnt attracted to her anymore. Also that if we settled for what was comfortable neither of us would be happy. Basically i made it seem how it was, which was better for both of us. She can go find the right man for her, and i can find the right woman for me. When you arent that compatible with someone there is no reason to force yourself to make it work. Life is too short.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:31 PM

dude, if you cant figure this out then it doesnt matter what advice anyone gives you, you are hopeless.

hint: break up with the GF you arent into