Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 200NL - flop 2nd nuts - bet sizing question

i think 30 is the perfect raise. was what i thought before i read 1st reply. if the turn is a good card for you , there is now more money in the pot 2 jam the turn. then no matter what draw he has u only have 2 avoid 1 card. i like building pots with good hands. i like 2 get value and also if the turn is a bad carf for you u only invested a small amount and can fold
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Im not in love with this hand yet...I may like it better on the turn. Your hand is still relatively unknown, and if you're looking for a big mistake to be made, it can be bigger if more money goes in on turn. Its also not out of the realm of possibility that your already drawind dead to some other garbage limped hands.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM

When you make the call there will be $44 in the pot. You have to then raise more than the pot to make them pay to draw and beat your hind teat straight. And there are a lot of outs that will beat you. I would bet enough to put the BB blind all in at this point or be happy to take it down now.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:54 PM

OK.. if someone limped AK or K9 and wants to get it in on the flop, so be it. My idea was to re-raise as big as I could to get someone to call in hopes of jamming a blank turn. As it turned out, they both came along and I didn't get the lovely blank I was hoping for.

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $12</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $12, <font color="red">Hero raises to $52</font>, BB calls $40, CO calls $40

Turn: ($164) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $120</font>, Hero folds, BB calls $27.20 and is All-In

River: ($218.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM

This is fine IMO. Oh btw, I didn't even think of it but by raising big on the flop, you create a dry sidepot with BB, him being effectively all-in. This helps you not get bluffed off your hand when a scare card comes.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM

I think you played fine.

I'm definitely hoping to get all-in on the flop, because if they have a set, you don't want a scare card to kill the action; you want to be all-in already.

As played good turn fold.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK.. if someone limped AK or K9 and wants to get it in on the flop, so be it. My idea was to re-raise as big as I could to get someone to call in hopes of jamming a blank turn. As it turned out, they both came along and I didn't get the lovely blank I was hoping for.

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $12</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $12, <font color="red">Hero raises to $52</font>, BB calls $40, CO calls $40

Turn: ($164) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $120</font>, Hero folds, BB calls $27.20 and is All-In

River: ($218.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh. don't listen to people saying to just call on this flop, that is atrocious not to get a lot of money in vs. all 2 pair and 1 pair possibilities.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think 30 is the perfect raise. was what i thought before i read 1st reply. if the turn is a good card for you , there is now more money in the pot 2 jam the turn. then no matter what draw he has u only have 2 avoid 1 card. i like building pots with good hands. i like 2 get value and also if the turn is a bad carf for you u only invested a small amount and can fold

[/ QUOTE ]

like half the deck is scare cards for other players, or for you, your chance to build the pot is on the flop here. also your "perfect raise" lets them come in with implied odds on better straight draws.