Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:12 AM

Default I donk bet therefore I\'m a genius

Villain is 27/14, and I'm pretty sure he was multi tabling. He doesn't get too out of line or bluff. I donk bet to define his hand a little more, plus he folds usually. I think he will shove the turn, b/c after the flop raise I think his range to be JJ-AA or like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]ish. I don't think he would play the draw like that, so I'm thinking the majority of the time it's the former.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $12.95
UTG: $1.30
MP: $19.05
CO: $6.25
BTN: $14.75
SB: $11.70

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.40</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.10</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $4</font>, Hero ?????

So, knowing his range, should I call?
Should I have c/c? c/r? Is my play fine as is? What would you do? Should I have folded PF?? The UTG limper has been limp/calling for like 5 rounds in every posistion.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: I donk bet therefore I\'m a genius

Fold PF.
Leading this flop is bad, it's wet/it's multiway/you're donking into the PF agressor and you're likely to get raisesd/you have a mediocre OESD on a two-tone board OOP.

I'd probably just c/f or c/c if he bets small.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 AM

I think, therefore I am not.

Fold PF, however, given his range, if you feel you can bluff tha spades than I approve. If not, me no likie. For realzy
Old 11-04-2007, 03:22 AM

As played fold the flop, you don't have the odds.

I would have folded preflop.
If I accidentally called preflop I'd check the flop to see what both players do. If I can get to the turn for cheap I might call. Then you can always be tricky and open push a club or c/r your straight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM

fold preflop.

Donking the flop is horrible you are asking to get raised off your draw. There is the guy that raised preflop behind you and the LAP UTG player.

Donk betting into pfr is bad news because the only ones that fold often are the weak tighties, at higher stakes you will get raised with pretty much any hand the pfr raised preflop with so it's a bad habit to get into. The times to donk preflop are when you flop the goods and want to b/3b to get all-in on the flop, and rarely as a bluff for shania.

as played fold.

You might want to consider c/c a PSB on this flop and re-evaluating the turn cos if the flush comes in it will likely shutdown villain and then a turn lead might get him to fold his pair - and if we hit the straight and the flush misses we can then c/r the turn and win a big pot.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 AM

horrible bet there ... you are oop against a call from utg (maybe a middle pair) and a raise from a TAG (that raised before the flop ) . for sure you are going to be raised by the TAG that raised preflop and you dont get ods on that flop . check call on this flop would be better after your preflop play ... imho