Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: NL50 Bottom Set, unraised Pot

I am getting more and more confused as time goes by. Let me clarify something, I never open limp. With that said, to focus on pre flop on this hand is just dumb, obviously there are much tougher decisions in this hand than whether limping is bad. I think his set is ahead as well, that is why we c/c. If we bet we narrow his range too much I think. Also, you change your mind every post. You just said two mins ago that if he shoves we have to fold, and now you say we have to call if he shoves. This makes no sense. C/c the turn is optimal imo.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:51 AM

no converter didnt read
Old 11-03-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting more and more confused as time goes by. Let me clarify something, I never open limp. With that said, to focus on pre flop on this hand is just dumb, obviously there are much tougher decisions in this hand than whether limping is bad. I think his set is ahead as well, that is why we c/c. If we bet we narrow his range too much I think. Also, you change your mind every post. You just said two mins ago that if he shoves we have to fold, and now you say we have to call if he shoves. This makes no sense. C/c the turn is optimal imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not raising preflop iS the mistake. By letting a blind in he could have flopped the nut straight with some trash hand. Most players at this limit will not raise their monsters cause they are afraid to push people out of the pot. I am not sure that calling here is good anymore. But asyou have previously stated, I am practically by-polar anyways.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay brea your post makes no sense whatsoever. Youre saying he would only bet if youre beat but checking is asking to get bluffed. I know checking is asking to get bluffed, thats why you check in the first place. If you bet and get shoved on then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I think you misplayed this hand. By not raising preflop you are giving this guy a shot to play a trash hand that contains a 3. Personally, I don't think he called 25$ on turn with a 3. With that being said, I would throw out a blocker bet of 15$ on river. If he shoves I'd fold cause his range is too wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

"If he shoves I'd fold cause his range is too wide".

A WIDE range is a reason to call not fold...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 AM

Okay at least someone else agrees with me here. This is all backwards and now my head hurts.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay at least someone else agrees with me here. This is all backwards and now my head hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to make this personal? I am a winning player at Pokerstars. I am impressive in my own right. I don't want to belittle you but I think that playing poker is a joke.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:04 PM

Who is making anything personal, I never insulted you, I respectfully disagreed with everything you pretty much said however. It is good to know that I did not give incorrect advice here because I think this hand is pretty tricky, and if I did then so be it.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Thanks for your inputs.

I did not open limp 44 here I was in the BB when 4 people limped to me, so 44 is still a raise?

Of course I would raise 44 when I'm UTG, or any other postion. But in SB/BB with 3 limpers in front I usually just check/call small pairs. Is it a leak?

Regarding the hand, I come up with a check and he instantly shoved all in.
So I took a while and folded. But I hate my play there.
If I bet at the turn like 30, am I realy able to fold to a push then? Dont think so. Right?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:38 PM

If he instantly shoved youre beat anyway. If you bet 30 he is probably only continuing with a hand that beats you. Either way you look at it, it sucks, but with c/c at least you give him the ability to bet smaller or to even check behind.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 PM

I think it's standard to see a cheap flop when you have a low PP and you know the limpers won't fold to a raise. conversely by not raising this situation can come up but it is also entirely possible to stack ppl at this level without making a squeeze with a low pp.