Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Like it? Hate it?

[ QUOTE ]
Futhermore, I'm not saying to bet/bet/bet this hand, in fact, I think the ideal line is bet the flop, c/r this turn. It lets him put more money in on a float/bluff line, maximizes value against hands we have beat, and we have a lot of outs if we are surprisingly behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line in a spot like this. IMHO it gets maximum value of bluffs and worse queens. Of course it also let's us stack to a set, which OP is trying to avoid at all costs as I see it... But still I like it.

And I do think one should bet such flops for consistency if for nothing else, because what would you be trying to represent with a c-bet on this flop if you consistently check your TPTK on it? (That's really an argument against making this a standard line, but doing this one time may still be ok...?)
Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 AM

I prefer to miniraise the flop in these spots (2.5-3x his bet) if you want to go for value. With this line you let him control the pot size too easily on the turn, and miss a lot of value. So unless he is a bluff monkey I wouldn't take this line, and if so then he's probably not folding a Q or JJ either on the river so just put the rest in.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Futhermore, I'm not saying to bet/bet/bet this hand, in fact, I think the ideal line is bet the flop, c/r this turn. It lets him put more money in on a float/bluff line, maximizes value against hands we have beat, and we have a lot of outs if we are surprisingly behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line in a spot like this. IMHO it gets maximum value of bluffs and worse queens. Of course it also let's us stack to a set, which OP is trying to avoid at all costs as I see it... But still I like it.

And I do think one should bet such flops for consistency if for nothing else, because what would you be trying to represent with a c-bet on this flop if you consistently check your TPTK on it? (That's really an argument against making this a standard line, but doing this one time may still be ok...?)

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i agree with this obviously being transparent if used frequently since im betting all my air here and almost always my middle pairs without reads on his bluffing frequency. Thats y i think that betting the flop, c/c the turn and river or if turn is checked through betting most rivers is a very appealing line also. u guys agree that c/raising the turn is really gross against competent players right? k bye.