Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: help! First time to vegas

gotta love some of the sarcastic/useless replies on this forum.

but poshua is kind of right re: the Ex. i played a tourney there and it was a joke. u start with 300 chips and i just didn't like the vibe of the room.

if u want to play close by to ur hotel go to MGM and mandalay. there's a great monorail from Ex to MB adn to get to MGM just take the skybridge across the strip. i really enjoyed cash games at MGM and MB. it sounds like u are young also so u will like the scene/vibe at MGM poker room. very large, near studio 54 and centrfuge bar so u get good tunes while playing. and less locals i think over there which makes for easier game.

i can tell you how to eat at what's prob the best buffet in vegas...the Wynn for less than face value if u can halfway decently play video blackjack. i have a real long trip report/blog and if ur interested PM me. i just got back 3 weeks ago.

i also played cash at wynn and tourneys at PH and TI.

food has gotten expensive in vegas - i paid $13 for a reuben sandwich at TI!. i would recommend a food court for late b-fast and heavy dinner to keep things reasonable.