Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

Aren't you the same group of guys that got your panties in a bunch over the silly "Terry+Howard for Kobe!" rumors?

Lakers getting Hinrich/Thomas/Artest (or some variant thereof) also falls way short of reality. You don't trade a superstar and get worse short-term AND long-term.

Keep fishing though...clearly it keeps a lot of people occupied (overanxious reporters among them).
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. You believe all these media reports? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you implying? That the Bulls didn't have discussions with Memphis and Minny? Its a fact that they talked to these teams about Gasol and KG.

The reason the deals didn't go threw? Hmm, lets use common sense, I know I know, you don't have any, but lets pretend you are a rationale sports fan. The Grizzlies and the TWolves would not have turned down the group of players that the Bulls have offered LA.

So this level of reasoning implies that the Bulls didn't offer the TWolves or Memphis a package of this level when they were shopping them. Using some more common sense we can come to the conclusion that because the Bulls didn't offer this good of a package, they value Kobe more than KG and Pau.

Obviously there are other factors involved, but going "lol you listen to media" is about as retarded as you can get. Anyone who follows the NBA, and reads columns from respected NBA guys realizes that there was interest last year in Gasol and KG, but the Bulls refused to part with Heinrich and Deng, two players who reportedly have already been offered (not together, but both were on the table) along with other young talented players.

[ QUOTE ]
And missing out on KG was awful. But Brand and Marion are still available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trading for Marion would be an AWFUL idea, you seem to be the only one on the planet who cannot fathom this. Giving up young assets, and picking up Brand's max deal would also be a bad move since he currently has one working knee and is expected to miss the season.

I know this is a lot of rationale and common sense for you to take in, I hope you at least got some of it, but I'm sure you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

More drivel and vitriol. I already explained why I prefer a big man. Refute that if you want a real debate. And no I don't believe Pax offered Deng.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha, Heinreich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of a 6 paragraph post you feel that the most important part is that I didn't spell the name of a player on a team I don't root for correctly.

Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet even though you don't follow the team, you somehow know what's better for the Bulls than I do. LOL. I haven't told you what's better for the Lakers, because I don't [censored] know.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:06 PM

Floyd = Tim Floyd obv. That's how he knows so much about the Bulls. Must have been brought back in as a consultant.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And no I don't believe Pax offered Deng.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe what you want, but he did, and Kobe said no to the trade.

I know you prefer a big man, I understand that. But what big man do you want right now that is available? Marion is not a post up big man, so take him off the list. All that is left that you've mentioned is Brand. And he is out for the season with a serious knee injury, is 28 yrs old, and is being paid a max contract. PLUS no one has said he is available.

I'm not even going to argue with you about you wanting a big man, think what you want. But who is this magical big man that you guys are going to ride to multiple championships? He doesn't exist.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Floyd = Tim Floyd obv. That's how he knows so much about the Bulls. Must have been brought back in as a consultant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever add anything? At least some other posters are willing to discuss the actual topic. Your jokes are beyond lame. Now I know why you have so many posts.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 PM

marion's not a big man, period.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Brand would be a great fit. He should be back for like the last six weeks, probably. I'm sure the Clips won't have a prob putting him on the table.

Main problem with that though is it's for 08-09, not 07-08. And the Bulls will be a top 3 seed this year, so they can't do that.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever add anything? At least some other posters are willing to discuss the actual topic. Your jokes are beyond lame. Now I know why you have so many posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Question for everyone, where do you rank John Paxson among basketball GM's? If he pulls off this trade w/o giving up Deng, do you rank him higher or lower?