Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 02:03 PM

Default borgata 40 turn decision

loose-passive utg limps. pretty solid EP raises, huuuuge donk (probably ~80/15) calls from MP, very solid, aggressive sb calls, and i call in the bb with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it gets checked around.

turn is the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 ways, 5 BB), sb bets and i fold
Old 03-18-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: borgata 40 turn decision

if SB is solid, is he not betting a T on the flop? I don't get it.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

98s made a straight, he could have AJ, he's not bluffing, and most people wouldn't donk the flop with trips. there are also 3 others that could have a straight
Old 03-18-2006, 02:11 PM

Mmmmmm....nope. I admit it's no fun, but you still gotta raise. Even if he only bets jacks or better (which is, like, totally impossible), you're still good half the time and it's not the kind of board where you have reasons to expect one of the guys behind you will slowplay. 2BB into this 6BB pot is a good investment.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

98s made a straight, he could have AJ, he's not bluffing, and most people wouldn't donk the flop with trips. there are also 3 others that could have a straight

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i need to change things, cuz I'm donking this flop with a T just about always hoping i can 3bet those mofos. you think they all have 98?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i need to change things, cuz I'm donking this flop with a T just about always hoping i can 3bet those mofos. you think they all have 98?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't say he shouldn't bet trips on the flop. he should. but he probably wouldn't
Old 03-18-2006, 02:50 PM

i think the call in the bb is often going to cost you money if the ep is solid. over time i have found that flopping that ace costs me a little more then i make. if it was ajs it is an easy call.

in a pot this small i have no problem with a fold, but a raise is good too, and often it will be folded back to sb who, calls, raises, or folds, making your all your decisions very easy. if the pot is a little larger i think you must raises here. i likely raise (98 is looking for monsters that probably are not there) a T is more probable, but i likely raise.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true he's not on complete air, but he also basically has to bet any hand he thinks might be good given the draw heaviness of that board. The most important factors in this decision for me are: How likely is he to 3bet a hand you beat on the turn? Given the composition of the table, how likely is he to check a ten on the flop? That's not the best flop to expect a continuation bet from overs with 5 players in.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:27 PM

I like your hand. The SB should bet a lot of hands there.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmm....nope. I admit it's no fun, but you still gotta raise. Even if he only bets jacks or better (which is, like, totally impossible), you're still good half the time and it's not the kind of board where you have reasons to expect one of the guys behind you will slowplay. 2BB into this 6BB pot is a good investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

An easier time to fold and raise to a three-bet? Does one exist?
-James