Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: I make a read and then get lost

[ QUOTE ]

It sounds good, but can you talk a little more about the bet/call flop, c/r turn line and why it's best here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it extracts the most value from air. I mean, hands with enough showdown value to call a flop C/R are only a fraction of his range, even if he feels that way about hands as weak as Ace high.

This is a dry board that you miss almost always (as does he); he expects you to cbet and will probably raise/float with ATC. If he raises, he's certainly continuing on any turn. So you c/r or c/c twice depending on the size of the pot at that point.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:45 AM

no likie?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no likie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry .. what I meant was that the way you phrased things cleared a lot of things up for me. When my read is that a particular leak exists, I should focus on exploiting that particular leak. Sounds a little obvious in retrospect, but it sure tripped me up in this hand.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It sounds good, but can you talk a little more about the bet/call flop, c/r turn line and why it's best here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it extracts the most value from air. I mean, hands with enough showdown value to call a flop C/R are only a fraction of his range, even if he feels that way about hands as weak as Ace high.

This is a dry board that you miss almost always (as does he); he expects you to cbet and will probably raise/float with ATC. If he raises, he's certainly continuing on any turn. So you c/r or c/c twice depending on the size of the pot at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 AM

Based on your read your line does not make any sense????

If he is floating you to that extent your best line is bet flop and C/C turn...I do not like a turn C/R because it turn our hand into a bluff and I highly doubt this villain is folding a better hand ever...

I will ask how after ONLY 50 hands how are you so certain about villains floating..50 hands is a very small sample for such a read....