Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

Wow you guys have zero patience. Just like all the other fans. No question the Bulls are not currently contenders. We would get raped by the top 4 teams in the West. But who cares? Our time is a couple of years from now. 23 is too old? WTF? Wow. LOL.

Thabo got 12 minutes last year. How can you close the book on him? My god are some of you shortsighted. The whole Bulls core is 26 or under. You remember what Nash looked like at that age? This is the reason why most teams are losers. The fans are stupid and then you end up like the Knicks. Constantly patching while never building a franchise. Good luck with that.

And regarding a trade, I'd be willing to move some of these guys for a big man, but not a 2 guard. They are a dime a dozen. Elton, KG, Marion, yes. Kobe not so much. I used to agree with you guys that he's the best player out there and we need a superstar to win. Now seeing his behavior, you see how little I value him. I was willing to trade anyone on the roster for KG and still am. Bulls homer I am not.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 PM

no one is closing the book on Thabo. We're just saying there's no way on earth the guy is untouchable. Very few players are untouchable. Especially a guy who only managed to earn 12 mpg as a 22 year old rookie (doesn't necessarily means he stinks, but it means he either stinks or you're deep, so he's expendable). Especially if it could grab you Kobe.

As far as the 23 = too old. That's not quite it. He can improve. Just not a whole crapload like you're suggesting. There are plenty of examples in the past of guys coming in as 18-20 year olds and making big strides by the time they're 22-24 (T-Mac, Jermaine, Big Al). There are far fewer examples of guys coming into the league as 22 or 23 year olds and making vast improvements. Slight, sure. That's why I'm willing to think Thabo can become an average 2guard, or slightly above that.. and that would be a big improvement on his performance thus far.

I mean, you just said 2s are a dime of dozen, yet a less than average one is untouchable when it comes to getting the best 2guard in the game? jesus. You're making no sense. If you get Kobe and 4 years from now you still don't have a ring and you're shallow at the 2guard spot, who cares? They're a dime a dozen. You'll sign someone who can do what Thabo will do.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because brown would've made sure rasheed didn't sprain his ankle obv.

pistons offense actually got way way way better w/o brown with the defense barely falling off. that's despite losing ben wallace too.

edit: not to mention the pistons are near locks to win 50+ games this year and be right back deep in the playoffs barring injury to one of their four key players

[/ QUOTE ]

nonononononononnono

remember when the pistons held teams under 70 for like 6 straight games. and had ben wallace (not saying losing ben wallace is flip's fault)
Old 10-31-2007, 09:58 PM

meh.. they got worse, barely might be a bit strong, but they were still an elite defense in the NBA. They've gotten a little bit worse each year since the championship, pretty much.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 PM

I'm a lil late on this thread, but just wanted to throw my 2cents in (neither a bulls or lakers fan). I think Kobe is the best player in the league, am a huge fan of his, BUT I wouldn't trade deng or heinrich if I was the bulls GM.

I just don't see a team putting together a package better than Gordon/TT/Noc and picks (or Noah). I think the Bulls have a lot more leverage than the Lakers here, and should just wait out the situation. Its obvious the Lakers are going to trade Kobe, they've pretty much gone to far in shopping him to not trade him imo, and I don't see them getting a better trade from another Eastern conference team that Kobe wouldn't veto a trade to.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the reason why most teams are losers. The fans are stupid and then you end up like the Knicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? THIS is why so many teams are losers? Because the fans are stupid?

Regarding Thabo, I think he has the potential to be the next Juan Dixon for sure(lol because nobody will know how to interpret that coming from me).

102,851 and counting
Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And regarding a trade, I'd be willing to move some of these guys for a big man, but not a 2 guard. They are a dime a dozen. Elton, KG, Marion, yes. Kobe not so much. I used to agree with you guys that he's the best player out there and we need a superstar to win. Now seeing his behavior, you see how little I value him. I was willing to trade anyone on the roster for KG and still am. Bulls homer I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL....trading for Marion would be just about the worst thing the Bulls could do. First off, him and Deng are too similar. Secondly, they already have enough great all around players who struggle to create their own shot. They need someone who can score and who can get to the foul line and cause problems driving the ball or posting up.

102,850 and counting
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL....trading for Marion would be just about the worst thing the Bulls could do. First off, him and Deng are too similar. Secondly, they already have enough great all around players who struggle to create their own shot. They need someone who can score and who can get to the foul line and cause problems driving the ball or posting up.

102,850 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow are you serious? Yet another guy that can't see the forest. I agree we don't have guys that create their own shot RIGHT NOW. Deng is 22 bro. You think he'll never be able to create? LOL. I would take Marion, Elton or KG way before Kobe. Sorry. Oh and regarding Thabo, I don't see him as a future 2 but rather a 1. I like big point guards like Magic or Livingston. Thabo defensively would own any point guard in the league. His passing skills are very solid, even though you guys who have never seen him play would probably balk at that. His offense is not all the way there yet but who cares, that's not his job at the point.

Back to the trade. You guys think Kobe would be a better fit than KG, Elton, Marion or Gasol? Man I'd love to be in a real or fantasy league with you.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 PM

Floyd, are you Thabo' agent?

I've seen A LOT of bulls games lately and quite frankly he's looked like [censored] the whole way through.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 PM

I think Elton, KG, and Gasol would have a higher impact than Kobe, but Kobe>Marion