Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Heidi Klum 61 44.20%
Josie Maran 77 55.80%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: USS Liberty: Accident or Cover-up?

[ QUOTE ]
one more
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ussliberty.html
[ QUOTE ]
Israel attacked the USS Liberty using UNMARKED AIRCRAFT. This is the single fact which proves Israel knew exactly who they were attacking. Israel's story is that they thought USS Liberty was an Egyptian ship and therefore a legitimate target of war. Were that true, there would be no reason to attack a supposedly Egyptian ship with unmarked aircraft. The only possible reason to use unmarked aircraft to attack the ship is that Israel knew it was an American ship and intended to sink it, then to blame the attack on Egypt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the same website also blames the Israeli for the 9-11 attacks. (linky to that is in the article you linked to)
Old 10-31-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the same website also blames the Israeli for the 9-11 attacks. (linky to that is in the article you linked to)

[/ QUOTE ]

do you dispute the israeli aircraft were unmarked then?

btw, the guy is a jew. for the website.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also I'm pretty sure he doesn't say israel is soley responsible he just says mossad/cia are shady and publicly a lot of stuff involved 911 involving israel is publicly known to be classified. why?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one more
[ QUOTE ]
Israel attacked the USS Liberty using UNMARKED AIRCRAFT. This is the single fact which proves Israel knew exactly who they were attacking. Israel's story is that they thought USS Liberty was an Egyptian ship and therefore a legitimate target of war. Were that true, there would be no reason to attack a supposedly Egyptian ship with unmarked aircraft. The only possible reason to use unmarked aircraft to attack the ship is that Israel knew it was an American ship and intended to sink it, then to blame the attack on Egypt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No it doesn't
2) Can we dispense with the ZOMG SOURCE business? Are you going to dismiss the BBC documentary because this site links to it? lol

If a KKK site linked to a site arguing the existence of gravity would you dismiss gravity?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a KKK site linked to a site arguing the existence of gravity would you dismiss gravity?

[/ QUOTE ]

'omg you are a kkk member no wonder you are anti semitic.

just kidding. although that is the type of arguments people make who have no facts.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

no it's just that when I googled uss liberty why last night the two interesting links that popped up were
a) the one I posted

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been nice if you had posted both links. This, I assume, was the other link you found?

I think that there are many very interesting points made in this article that some posters may be interested in reading.

[ QUOTE ]
b) an adl link that said it was anti semitic to talk about the incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty disgraceful. The only time anti-semitism is mentioned in that whole link is this "September 2, 2006: Tito Howard, USS Liberty survivor and producer of a USS Liberty Veterans Association’s film about the attack, Loss of Liberty, spoke at a conference of the American Free Press and Barnes Review—both newspapers that advance the views of Holocaust deniers, anti-Semites and white supremacists. The conference was attended by many of the leading Holocaust deniers and anti-Semites in the country."

Nowhere in the article does it say that it was "anti semitic to talk about the incident". Either you are deliberately misrepresenting this article and the organisation that published it, or you ignorantly confuse "anti-semitism" with "anti-zionism" or "anti-israel". In any case, I dont think the article said it was anti-anything to discuss this issue or even believe that Israel did this deliberately.

If its the latter, or if the article I linked to is not the one you read, I apologise for my harsh tone.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 PM

The site that was linked to was clearly strongly anti-israel. While that does not mean that a specific piece of content is biased or incorrect, it does show a general theme in the stuff this guy publishes. Of course, the adl also has a slant - I have no problem with links to clearly biased sites, but it should be noted or pointed out when a link comes from one of these sources.

The site that was linked contains a huge list of anti-israel links, including stuff like this:

The Lobby, Unmasked
What is this "unwritten contract"? I'll tell you what it is: it's an agreement to censor anything and everything that offends the Lobby and its glorified, sanitized view of Israel. Here, after all, is a country that practices apartheid, imprisons children, and was founded on ethnic cleansing and bigoted religious obscurantism – and yet they present themselves to the world as a valiant little "democracy," a beleaguered outpost of "the West" in the midst of an Arab sea. It takes a lot of cosmetics to hide the true face of this dog, and that's what CAMERA is all about – prettifying an increasingly ugly reality."

It is true that the link at the bottom of the page does not explicitly say that Israel was involved in 9/11, but that is the clear implication. I think that is obvious.

"If a KKK site linked to a site arguing the existence of gravity would you dismiss gravity?"

No, but it would inform most people of how credible a site was that linked to such rubbish.

The site should be viewed in the context of its obvious bias.

As to PLOlover, "btw, the guy is a jew. for the website" - so what? what does that have to do with anything!?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For detractors of Israel, the incident - and the alleged U.S. government cover-up that followed - powerfully demonstrates the treachery and power of the Jewish State and its American supporters. The story, told from this perspective, has become a propaganda tool to undermine the legitimacy of Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

true they mix anti-israel and antisemitism in the article, but come one.

the israelis attack an american ship, the israelis and US both cover it up, and it is "propaganda" to point that out?

I mean, come on. "alleged US-coverup". give me a break. adl article qualifies as propaganda to me. beside the above quote, "The transcript of the tapes indicates that Israel did not know the ship was American when it attacked. ", is probably true in that *initially* they might have not known it was american, but it is clear by the fact that an israeli pilot was imprisoned that before the attack ended they knew it was american. clear propaganda type speak.

end point. I don't think anyone will dispute that there was a US-coverup. except the adl.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one more
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Tribune article gives an eyewitness account that a Liberty survivor saw Israeli markings on at least one of their jets. Even if there were no marks, the Israelis flew US jets and Egypt flew Soviet jets, its not like the Israelis could have gotten away with this.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As to PLOlover, "btw, the guy is a jew. for the website" - so what? what does that have to do with anything!?

[/ QUOTE ]

someone said the website was antisemitic and I pointed out that the website belongs to michael rivero, who is a jew, an american, a good guy, and someone who just goes where the facts lead him.

what now, call him a self hating jew?