View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
i dont get why ppl say that you pay less rake on stars on full tilt ...here's the rake chart for Stars NL Full Ring

6-9 $0.05 for each $1.00 in Pot $3.00

which is exactly the same as Full Tilt ...what gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

In those games the rake is the same.

Stars has cheaper rake in their turbo SNGs and full limit tables (because they are 10 max).
Old 10-31-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of players play 3/6 and 5/10 and are not SuperNovas. A 50 cent additional rake is not going to deter them from 4/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually true. 4-8 is a new level. If it was just extra rake at 3-6 or 5-10 then we'd get the division of players who are high volume vs not high volume but because this is a new level that wouldn't happen.

[ QUOTE ]
If they were available at all limits and became widespread I don't think it would be good for the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the point is to get a 3rd point I can't see that happening. It would really be limited to 3-6 or higher. I actually think adding these at 8-16 rather then 4-8 might work better.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 PM

-------What did you guys think about some of the other ideas mentioned in this thread?

List a few and I will give you my personal opinion.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-------What did you guys think about some of the other ideas mentioned in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Rewards (VPPs) for play during the dead hours.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Keeping/removing the freerolls and the alternative options.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Added incentive (milestones) in the 600k-800k VPP range.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 PM

where are all you people coming up with 4/8? I think he meantt 4 to 8 tables.

Anyway, I hate the idea simply because the fish will love it, because fish are [censored] stupid (and by fish, I mean the bad players and a ton of retarded FPP grinders). It's obvious reading threads around here that everyone and therir brother thinks they can make SNE (When in fact like what, .00001 of the players will). Bu heres the reality of what will happen if they do this

You will have to play on these tables because thats where everyone else will be playing, you wont make elite because you didnt put in enough hours, even tho you mathematically figured out it was going to be possible and posted on numerous occasions how easy it was going to be. All that really happened is you lost a little bit more money to the rake and just endorsed a program that will result in the new and exciting $4 rake tables for the next year, which will just result in you losing even more money to the rake.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Players that love rewards would play these tables and gain extra benefits. Currently when I play jackpot tables, I have never benefited from the 50 cent extra drop but I still play them when the jackpot is high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because when the jackpot is high enough it becomes +EV . It's +EV for everyone at the table. (tho its only +EV now because of all the times it was -EV before). These tables tho, it isnt +EV for everyone, its only going to be so for a very very few people and for stars (which is why its obviously been suggested).

I absolutely love you guys at stars, I quit party poker for your site before the UIGEA even happened. But please please dont raise the rake, even if it ends up being slightly + or even neutral for a very small group of players, its overwhelmingly -EV for the people that really matter, the fish. Which in turn is -EV for the rest of us.

To everyone thinking its going to end up being +EV simply because it might get them to SNE quoicker or at all, just think about how many millions of dollars its going to take out of the pool of winnable money that the fish give away every year.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:01 PM

FWIW I agree with all of Alobar's points.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been following this thread, but don't care much either way on most of the suggestions except...

1) Don't think of removing the FPP for Bonus $$$ offer on Dec 31st.
2) Very much dislike any form of Bad Beat Jackpot. (Fish might like it on the very lower limits.)

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is please don't divide up the table selections too much. I don't want to decide between... Fast, BBJ, No All-In 2/4 OR BBJ, No All-In 2/4 OR Fast, BBJ 2/4, etc. etc. etc.

I know you have been working on it, but please continue to work on easier ways to deposit $$$. That and advertising are the two biggest things you can do to make the site better. More fish w/ more money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

----------Kitty
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Weekly drawings in place of the 50K weekly tournies. Structure them like a "showdown tourney" as I had mentioned earlier just to add a little excitement.

Award ALL Supernovas something in these drawings, even if it something very nominal for the ones on the bottom.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Here is another idea in regards to these weekly drawings. Why not convert the weekly $ 50,000 into FPPs that are awarded to SNs?

Let's say you have a weekly prize pool of 5 million FPPs that is divided up between all the Novas.

First place could be 700,000 FPPs (enough for a WSOP/PCA package)

Second place could be 350,000 FPPs.

Third place would be 175,000 FPPs and so on....

Everyone would receive a weekly FPP "bonus" through the drawing, maybe at least 1000 FPPs.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Have a 5k bonus at the 600k thru 800k VPP levels as pokerboy suggested, in place of the 7500 bonus at 750k VPPs.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Come up with some sort of system which makes Elite status possible to lower limit grinders. I know I would play full time to accomplish Elite if it were just somewhat easier. At present, figuring if I can earn .60 VPP per hand, that translates to nearly 3000 hours....

How about a daily VPP bonus based upon a certain number of hours played with a minimum number of hands per hour? (350 per hour?)

4 hours of play would earn a 50 VPP bonus

6 hours would earn 100 VPPs

8 hours would earn 250 VPPs

10 hours would earn 500 VPPs

This might take those 3000 hours needed to accomplish Elite down to around 2500-2600 hours. Instead of 60 hour weeks, it would translate to 50 hour weeks to attain Elite status.

Just throwing alot of **** against the wall to see what sticks...
Old 10-31-2007, 02:43 PM

I'll throw another crazy idea out there.

Instead of the freerolls, how about each week there was a specific day/time where each VIP could earn DOUBLE VPPS!

Each VIP level would receive their fair share according to their rank because of the FPP multiplier.

As an example, Stars could say "this week, Saturday, between 12p-2p EST, all VIPs receive DOUBLE VPPS. (Or it could be an hour or whatever is appropriate budget-wise)

The promotion could alter days/times each week so that all players get a chance to participate.

Some weeks it could coincide with the Sunday Million. Some weeks it could be Friday night. In fact, it might be smart to run this promotion WITH the big guaranteed tournaments to get more players participating in them as well.