Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Some live hands to ponder about.

Just came back from Vegas and after playing illegally for 2 days (I'm 20) I found live full ring games, while fun, are waaaay too slow. Anyways, here are some hands that I had a bit of trouble with.

Villain is a very passive fish. I haven't seen him do anything ridiculous or have I even seen him attempt to steal pots. I've been playing very aggressive and probably have a [censored] image. Now onto the hand:

5/10 Bellagio. Effective stacks are a little over 1k.

I get AA UTG and raise it to 40. I get 6 callers including villain whose in MP. Flop comes 999. I bet out 70 (lol?) and only get a call from said villain. Turn is a 6 and I bet out 280. He calls. River is a blank. I bet out 440 and he moves all in for about 480 more.

Second hand I had trouble with is with a different villain. He's a bit loose and passive but can steal pots here and there. Last time I saw him bet a flush draw with pos on the turn after calling a flop bet. I've been tilting him a little ("he always raises whenver i come in!")

Effective stacks are around 1.5k.

He strattles and I pop it to 65 with AKo in early position. He calls. Flop is 89x. He bets out 75ish. I call. Turn is a K, he bets out 180. I call. River is a 6, he bets out 200. I...?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Some live hands to ponder about.

what is there to ponder? call, call. Maybe raise on the end in the 2nd one, but I just call.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:29 AM

Hand 1: With 7 way action on the flop I would be concerned with the case 9 being out there. Because of this I would probably c/c the river. Cold calling on this flop with many yet to act should sound some alarms. It could be any PP but when he smooth calls your turn bet as well you have to have a legitimate worry. But I don't blame you for going broke here either.

Hand 2: Very easy call. No brainer. Not saying you win but no brainer.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 AM

Hand 1 being live, I don't mind checking and having someone do something stupid.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 AM

checking river in hand 1 is terrible and pretty results oriented here.

I'm really tempted to raise the river for value in hand 2, like $575. Calling seems standard, but you're line would look kinda weird here+your image sucks so I think there's value to be squeezed out.