Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Fold 2 pair, bad lay down?

10/20 Live game, kinda loose.

I'm in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], UTG limps (he told me earlier that the only hand he limps UTG with is Q8s because it's his lucky hand LOL), everone folds to BB who bets, I call, UTG calls.

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, I reraise to price out UTG's gutshot with Q8s if it is what he's holding, UTG still calls, SB calls.

Turn is a J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB bets, I call, UTG raises, SB calls, I fold knowing I'm behind. I felt so dumb doing it but I was 99% sure he hit his gutshot based on my information.

River drops a 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I hate myself.

Was it a good/bad fold, considering I folded when I was behind, but would have filled up on the river to take the pot? UTG did turn over Q8 for the straight and took down the pot.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Fold 2 pair, bad lay down?

Hi Schmitt, your pf info is a bit confusing. You may want to edit. I'm guessing everyone folded to SB who raised, and you & UTG called?

This is a very poor fold if you did so specifically because you believed him to have Q8. In loose games, people talk a whole bunch of smack. It's just coincidence that he had specifically Q8. He could have done the same thing with QJ, J8, 93s, 10-3s, all of which you are ahead.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:46 AM

so confused on preflop aftion, utg limps all fold to BB = you and you bets You call and UTG calls? did you mean button who raises, and you called and big blind folded and utg called?

we cant figure out whether it was a bad fold or not unless we know these things
Old 10-31-2007, 01:58 AM

Sorry mistype, I am BB, UTG limps, everyone folds to SB who bets, I call and UTG calls.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 AM

Welcome to the forum, Schmitt.

1) You can't reraise on the flop if nobody raised. 2 bets is a raise. 3 bets is a reraise.
2) Don't post results
3) Bad fold. You're getting 11:1 immediate on the turn, where you have 4 outs to fill up and beat a straight, plus the chance that you still have the best hand.

There's not much else that this thread can be good for, so I'm going to lock it before it gets ugly.
Closed Thread