Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 11:22 AM

Default T-high flush, maybe im good.

bb one of those ones who has two speeds: maniac aggro and passive.

6 handed) FTR converter on Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...?
Final Pot: 7.50 BB

pf standard i think

flop: ive seen the bb bet out bottom pair in spots like this, and maybe my diamond draw is good

turn: if im ahead then im not really vulnerable to anything, and if im behind i have no outs, so i wanted to see what bb and mp does

river, is bet/fold better? id hate not to see a showdown but it seems he checks most stuff i beat behind, but might call any diamond. but the problem is i know he does some really nuts raising sometimes, so i hate folding. bet/call? thats seems like paying off too much a very likely higher flush.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Re: T-high flush, maybe im good.

I didn't make it past the flop check. Bet the flop.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't make it past the flop check. Bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry maybe this is really basic, but i feel very uncomfortable doing this. Maybe if someone can elaborate why that is good, ill understand. I mean i am very likely not to have the best hand, and very likely not to have the best draw.

-Kai
Old 03-18-2006, 11:35 AM

All comments are appreciated but what im really curious about is the river.

-Kai
Old 03-18-2006, 11:51 AM

If you bet the river, you pretty much have to fold to a raise. Since opponent is one of those people who might bluff raise the river with anything, I think you're better off c/c,

As for the flop, what makes you think you aren't ahead? And if you really aren't, then you either have 2 outs or 11 outs, depending on if someone has the J or A of diamonds. Just bet out. If you only do bet out when you hit the board, you're gonna become very predictable.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think you aren't ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

if this was HU id think i was ahead very often, if it was 3 way i would think i was ahead resonably often, but since its 4 way with the two overcards i just dont think im ahead that often.

So i have no problem at all betting this flop HU, and i would suck it up and bet it 3-way. But it just feels really weird with 3 other players there. I dont know, im sure you gusy are right, i have to figure out a way to convince myself analytically tho.

-Kai
Old 03-18-2006, 01:47 PM

I bet the river and call a raise.

On the flop I'd bet out or as played, check/raise.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:59 PM

You are too worried about flush draws here. You have the 3rd nut flush draw and the Jd is not very likely. I'd say you have the best flush draw at least 80% of the time.

Betting will fold a lot of hands here that increase your chances of winning at showdown:

Jx
Ax
Qx-no diamond

Plus, BB is a maniac and might raise your flop bet and drive out some Kx(non-diamond hands) or even someone who is holding the Jd.

Against an unpredictable player like BB, you should bet-call the river. Sometimes you will lose an extra BB to a higher flush, but you will be compensated by the times he would have checked behind + the times he raises the river with a worse hand.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:24 PM

As the TV show Banzai says..... Bet! Bet! Bet!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2006, 09:05 AM

Okay that makes a lot of sense! Thanks Spy! Villan showed 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], for the flopped flush.

EDIT: oh yeah i was weak and just decided to c/c, but he checked thro.