Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Table Selection

I have beeen playing .5.10 tables and just need some pointers on selecting a table...... tips and pointers would be aprreciated.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Table Selection

Honestly I just play whatever table is open, I know thats pretty bad but at these limits there really shouldnt be much need to table select. There are so many more fish than regs that it just doesnt matter imo. However, if I was going to, I would probably look for the average size of the pot and the number of people seeing a flop. Obviously if you play tight you want more money in the average pot, and more people going to the flop. If you play loose aggressive, you want the opposite...I think. I play tight or my version of tight at least so I would rather see lots of people playing and high average pots.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 AM

Select tables that fit your style. If you don't like a table after a couple of orbits, leave. Get a few buddies and search for them. I usually go for the highest flop %, but after a few beers I like low so I can run them over and then tilt them when I crack the AA they've been waiting forever for.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 AM

hmmmm sounds good i think tho that beer and poker do not mix...perhaps if u get sucked out a couple time take the next night off and get drunk
Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 AM

I look for three things:
1. % of players who saw flop: my default is this should be over 40%
2. avg. pot: above $2 is preferred, but anything above $1 is doable
3. stacks: i try to sit at a table with only full stacks. I will not sit at a 6max table that has more than 2 stacks under $8

I also try to avoid the regulars if possible. I datamine a lot, so you get to know them pretty quick. Maybe ill sit if im on their left.

These are my guidelines, theyve worked really well for me
Old 10-31-2007, 12:41 AM

you know something i have found is the average size of the pot really isnt too relevent to how the table is playing.

lets say theres a tight nitty table with two guys at 300-400 BB a piece (who more than likeley have been sittin there all day) and they play a huge 800BB pot. now lets say that the average pot is taken over the average of the last say 500 hands. well that one pot is going to make the average a lot higher than usual

stick to people seeing flop, and ull be fine at .05/.10 too many fish to even accidently end up at a wrong table
Old 10-31-2007, 01:05 AM

Best table "selection" is recognizing what is a good table and what is a bad table..If it's a bad table leave..