Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Shaken confidence

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads --> I limp preflop, bet flop, raise turn and call down from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont limp pf.

Your pf raise should be to try and fold the blinds, so that you can play heads up with position against the MP limper, who probably has a weaker hand than you as he only limped.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dont limp pf.

Your pf raise should be to try and fold the blinds, so that you can play heads up with position against the MP limper, who probably has a weaker hand than you as he only limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, nicely put. Thanks - you just plugged one of my leaks! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I limp in spots like this way too much because I compare my starting hands to the charts in SSHE without considering things like this.

Now I know why my PFR stat is lower than it should be! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 PM

As you say, considering things is more important, but the SSHE "Tight" chart has ATo as a raise in late position. As far as I can tell the "Loose" chart is obsolete; I didn't see 6+ to the flop even at .02/.04.

I've been following the ITH charts which have this as "Raise first in, call 1" but I think I end up dominated too often when the blinds stay in cheaply...not that I'll get a better ace to fold anyway.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Sorry, that should have read Qx crushes us, I meant it to say "a queen" but it looked like "AQ." I agree he doesn't have AQ. But he could very well have Qx.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:48 AM

I don't see much need to call down here, there is really no draws you have on the river that can make you good.

It seems ludicrous to give up the pot here. Donk looks suspicious to me, if he has the queen he three bets, so its the same as a call down. I think you have a smidge of fold equity here with a reraise.

I like bet/fold here personally better than call/call. If he calls the reraise he likely checks the river.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:58 AM

I play it the same as you. Nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:01 AM

I agree with others that this is definitely a raise preflop, by the way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 PM

Wookie,
I really don't understand the turn raise. It looks to me like we are at best chopping. Could you explain your thinking?

-J