Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Good spot to bluff? (200NL 6max)

just check it
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how everyone looks at preflop stats and uses them to determine the river action.

Take a look at his river calling frequency. If is is low, bluff, if not check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, a player's tendencies tend not to vary by street. If a guy is a calling station preflop and on the flop, I think it's safe to assume he'll be a calling station on the later 2 streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true at all. This is a big problem that many SSNLers have, they assume that all 40/35s,or whatever, all play the same. PAhud is an extremely powerful tool that nobody takes the time to use beyond preflop.

[ QUOTE ]

People can only respond given the information provided too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread my post. I said take a look at his calling frequency. I was simply stating how I determine whether or not to bet.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how everyone looks at preflop stats and uses them to determine the river action.

Take a look at his river calling frequency. If is is low, bluff, if not check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, a player's tendencies tend not to vary by street. If a guy is a calling station preflop and on the flop, I think it's safe to assume he'll be a calling station on the later 2 streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true at all. This is a big problem that many SSNLers have, they assume that all 40/35s,or whatever, all play the same. PAhud is an extremely powerful tool that nobody takes the time to use beyond preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that all players with similar stats play the same way. That is clearly incorrect. I said that a single player tends to play the same style across all streets. It is very rare to see a player who is a calling station preflop and on the flop, yet is a hyperaggro maniac or a nit on the river. Obviously this cannot be 'proven', and it's not a 'catch-all' never-fail rule, but I believe it holds reasonably true for the vast majority of players.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

People can only respond given the information provided too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread my post. I said take a look at his calling frequency. I was simply stating how I determine whether or not to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I reread your post. And I also reread mine for the hell of it!! Knowing stuff like went to showdown, fold to river bet, river aggression, would be a big advantage, and I agree it helps making a more accurate decision.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 PM

If you want to bluff you have to 3 barrel, betting the turn so he commits money with his pair+draw and then betting verybig on a blank river. He's not folding a pair with so many missed draws for one bet here.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Depends on his went to showdown %. If it's 30+, I'm probably not bluffing here but with more normal % I'll bluff very often just because it's a great spot to bluff. He could have a lot of missed draws/crap pairs that will fold.

Edit: I might also c/c a smallish bet because donks will bluff here like always with any T, hearts, missed gutshots etc.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:14 PM

It's ridiculous here that everytime someone posts a bluff the automatic answer will always be " really bad, don't like blaah blaah..."
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's ridiculous here that everytime someone posts a bluff the automatic answer will always be " really bad, don't like blaah blaah..."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because most people have no idea how to bluff at this level.