Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

If you're just staking cash games please ignore.

Took most of my roll off full tilt for living expenses and move to pokerstars (going for SNE next year). Looking for stakes in Nov's FTOPS HE, PLO, O8 events. Have won daily 55k, 25k, turbo hundo, 2nd in d55k, won multiple Omaha tourneys. Have also gone deep in the few FTOPs I played. Top 40 finishes in 3/8 FTOPS (PLO8, Horse, PLHE).
Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 AM

stake me.

im online busto and depositing blows.

i played up to 2/4 then withdrew for law school.
I was winning pretty well when I played which was up until feb of this year, then I withdrew and bought a Macbook pro and a car and a tv ns hit and had to pay tuition and there goes my poker money

I can beat any game i'd be staked for but preferaby I'd want to play at lest 100nl so there's actually some decent money to be made..
Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 AM

Interesting thread. I thought this is a joke initially. Anyway, I am not looking to be staked, and I already have a coach and getting more coaching. I am happy with the flexibility of playing with my own money.

For those doing this, make sure to figure out some logistics.

1. How long are you supposed to play? Number of hands, days, stakes etc.
2. How often are you supposed to play? What if your school load suddenly becomes high etc. What's the longest break allowed?
3. When can you get out of the stake? Is it possible to stop in the middle? etc.
4. Of course, number of coaching hours etc.

Good luck!

JFish, love your blog [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 AM

I don't understand why those with many thousands of winnings wants to be staked. They seems to do very well on their own.

I want to be staked. I'm a solid SLAG player(by PT default definition) but I have no graphs to show. Allthough, I have results to show. I started off playing NLHE fullring and 6handed 4 days ago on a 20 dollar bankroll. Today I'm going to move up to NL25 with a bit bad BRM with a roll of $330.

Other proves that I don't have complete air between my ears is that I'm a graduate student on master of science, media technology, with fairly good grades.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other proves that I don't have complete air between my ears is that I'm a graduent student on master of science, media technology, with fairly good grades.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 AM

They don't teach us English :<

Fixed my post. Feel free to correct me again if it's still wrong.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why those with many thousands of winnings wants to be staked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think harder about it, you'll get there.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so a few other mid/high players and i want to start staking and coaching people for various limits and games. post in this thread what you would like to be staked for and some pt screenshots/graphs of prior playing. we are looking to stake quite a few people, but we might start off somewhat slowly. so even if you arent contacted right away dont worry, your chances are pretty good if you can prove that youre intelligent and have potential.

so yea, go ahead and impress me!

[/ QUOTE ]

am not on my home computer right now but have ran at about 3ptBB/100 at both NL 25 and NL 50 over the last I believe 70K hands.

would like to move up to NL 100 but am cashing $ out each week and cannot afford to do it right now.
posting a graph on 2+2 hasn't worked for me thus far but I would be more than happy to PM or e-mail you a screen shot.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 AM

This is serious, I would like to be staked for big donkaments. Im a winner at 100 and 200NL (like 4.5 ptbb over 110k hands). But i have a bit of a tilt problem, and if i play those things with my own money i keep on losing them. I lost like 8 50k guaranteed tourneys on stars now in a row [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. And i just had it to keep spending money on them, and i would feel much more comfortable if i could be freerolling them. It just tilts the hell out of me to lose like 55$ or 109$ on a coinflip that took me 2 hours.

Also getting some coaching for moving up to 2/4 would be nice also :P .

this was october to prove im a winner at small stakes (dont feel like loading 110k hands now on this crap pc lol)

Old 10-30-2007, 08:35 AM

what is to prevent staked people form taking the money and never paying the staker?
Closed Thread