Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: 25nl QQ sanity check.

I've been thinking about this quite alot lately and I'd like to hear others thoughts on the issue.

At 25/10nl where I reside. I don't think your standard player pisses around too much pf with 3betting. Obviously this is a generalisation but across the board, most of the time people seem to do this with more or less JJ+,AK. However, due to the skill level (in general) of 25/10nl players I think this range is skewed more in favor of 3bet=AA,KK,QQ>JJ,AK and lately I've been seeing minbets where at SD you I see AA>KK>>>(AQ etc from blinds)>>QQ,JJ.

People seem to think they are better off keeping you in a hand with super SUPER premium hands where as they just try to take the pot with super premium yet vlunerable hands like QQ,JJ which get raised up higher.

This is why I find pfmin3bets a little scary. My gut feeling was to fold flop here without reads which would have been correct in this isolated situation as it turned out.

Please tell me if you think this is a load of [censored]. Its just something I've noticed. Should I have followed my instinct after this flop?