Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: AA misplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
calling his flop raise is fine. if he has 2 pair there's a lot of scare cards that can hit on the turn for him. but being that his turn bet was substantial on a blank turn card this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason that a flop 3bet may be better than you are getting better value for your money in general. You can't call and then fold turn... that just seems a bit too much like set mining with your aces. I'd rather spend another 14-15 to find out if I'm ahead now than find out I'm behind with my stack in the middle at showdown.

You may have 3:1 pot odds but IMO you are way too far to call a shove.

Some hands are just going to lose you money. Just don't lose it all every time you get AA.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 AM

so what if they call your flop 3bet as a slowplay? I would rather get to the turn a bit more cheaply here than you are suggesting. especially versus a somewhat loose-passive villain who will often tell you where they stand when they either bet turn weak or strong.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm playing well, I fold the flop.

If I'm not, I play it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

um what explain this

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm playing badly, my thought process is roughly this:

AA IZ THE NUTS!!11! ALL IN!

If I'm playing well, I will think something like this:

This guy has a VPIP of 48; what is he calling with preflop? Well, probably any PP; any broadway, many SC maybe 54+, suited Aces, some suited one-gaps, some offsuit connectors and maybe some other suited trash like Q4s. It is unlikely he has a premium hand, as he just called.

What will he raise with on the flop? Well, he probably isn't bluff raising with most of his hands, as he has a relatively low postflop aggression. I don't think he'll try any multi-street bluff with air, so he must have hit this flop somehow.

What hands in his range could have hit this flop?

We're still ahead of JJ/TT as well as any unlikely premium (KK-QQ or the last AA, which we chop with). He probably isn't raising with an underpair, but I think he'd raise with a set, or maybe 88 for the OESD. Many of the SC/one-gaps make two pair or a pair+OESD or a pair+GS, and we are only ahead of the pair+GS.

I might be ahead now, but if all the money gets in now, I don't think I'll be ahead. Any card that isn't an A on the turn doesn't make my life easier and I still have a tough decision to make on the turn if he bets, as he most likely will. So I will fold.

<font color="white"> LOL I'm weak-tight LDO </font>
Old 10-30-2007, 01:30 AM

there are plenty more cards other than an ace you wouldn't mind seeing on this turn. any of the 12 cards that make 4 to a straight can likely slow down his betting if he has 2 pair or a set and there is a chance you can gain fold equity if villain checks or makes a weaksauce bet.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are plenty more cards other than an ace you wouldn't mind seeing on this turn. any of the 12 cards that make 4 to a straight can likely slow down his betting if he has 2 pair or a set and there is a chance you can gain fold equity if villain checks or makes a weaksauce bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you have any FE vs this villain, nor do I think he is the type to bluff cr on this flop. I would expect villain to lead any turn card.