FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or Fold?
Call 5 10.64%
Fold 42 89.36%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: *****October LC Thread: LIMCASH is the new NLCASH*****

Just cold call the river, he clearly doesnt have two pair here.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to limited hold thems is to put a man at risk for one of his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhahahahhahahaha
Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Line check pleeeeeaaase!!!!!!!!!

Full Tilt Poker, $10 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 1,600
SB: 1,400

Pre-Flop: (30) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40) 7 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 20</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 100</font>, Hero calls 80

Turn: (240) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 240</font>, Hero calls 240

River: (720) A (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 720</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,240 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 320 and is All-In

Results: 2,800 Pot
Hero showed T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight flush, Queen high) and WON 2,800 (+1,400 NET)
SB mucked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Aces) and LOST (-1,400 NET)
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM

http://boardreader.com/fp/The_2_2_Fo...Up_128624.html
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://boardreader.com/fp/The_2_2_Fo...Up_128624.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Im doing well!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-Flop: (30) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40) 7 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 20</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 100</font>, Hero calls 80

Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 720</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,240 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 320 and is All-In

Hero showed T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight flush, Queen high) and WON 2,800 (+1,400 NET)
SB mucked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Aces) and LOST (-1,400 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]
ajlhfkjahfkjahfklhkjadf

how does the river c/r work for everyone but me?

ps. flop is like the easiest 3bet ever at a 10.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SB calls 10, Hero checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bet 20 on the flop. You want to build the pot so you can get more chips in the pot on future streets. Once he raises, he either has a good hand and is trying to protect it, or he's semi bluffing. Either one will call a raise. Again, you build the pot. On the turn, lead. If you check/call or check/raise both are very strong lines and you usually won't get paid off. If you lead, you let him make a big mistake. If he doesn't call, you won't get paid anyway. River-- he's bad, ace likely doesn't help him. He'll check behind with anything but a straight or flush here. Lead again. He'll raise you with the aforementioned hands and call you with others, meaning, its the better option.

Gl bud.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead again. He'll raise you with the aforementioned hands and call you with others, meaning, its the better option.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not necessarily true. If Hero bets the river, depending on the opponent and the size of the bet, the straight and lower flushes will just call some percentage of the time, but those hands will almost always bet if hero checks, and be committed to calling an all-in raise.

So leading on the river loses potential value from straights and some flushes, and possibly gains value from some hands that are too weak to bet, but not weak enough to fold.

But some of the hands that are going to just call a lead are going to bet when hero checks. Most of those won't call a raise, but they probably wouldn't have called a bet much bigger than what they chose to bet anyway, and leading gets *zero* value from opponents who will be more than happy to bluff this very draw-heavy board after Hero checks.

Also, to most people at lower stakes, leading the turn after the small bet/call on the flop looks *exactly* like a draw that got there (a fact that I've used to my advantage MANY times, when I didn't actually have a hand). I think you're quite a bit less likely to get paid off if you lead the turn, unless villain has a very strong hand himself. How a bet is interpreted there is a matter of how straightforward their thinking is. The straightforward interpretation is "oh damn, there's the draw, he's betting, he probably got there". The "standard" interpretation is "that card made a lot of draws, but why would he be betting to chase me out if he made it". The "tricky" interpretation is "that card made a lot of draws, but why would he bet it? Hmm...but he has to know that I know that card made a lot of draws, so maybe he's trying to be a little bit tricky, and sucker me in for an extra bet".

Flip-flop as needed for levels of depth between the two players.

But most low stakes players seem to be extremely straightforward in their thinking.

I do agree with not betting 20 on the flop though. A bigger bet looks less like a draw, and more like a pair wanting to protect against the draws. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 AM

I'm definitely trying to get the money in as soon as possible. I probably check raise the flop and if he reopens the betting I'll move in. People that try to get so tricky trappy end up missing out on a lot of value by slowplaying hands. And yes I know it worked in rounders...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And yes I know it worked in rounders...

[/ QUOTE ]
But if it worked there, then OMGZ, it HAS to work everywhere. Duh.

Seriously, though. The way that flop was played, I just think you lose a lot of value from a lot of hands leading out on the turn or the river. I would want to try to get as much in as possible on the flop too, (and it's extremely rare for a low stakes villain to raise a bet and then fold to a reraise) but that's not how he played it. The way he played it is going to look like a draw that came on the turn to most straightforward villains. You're going to get called a lot, but it's going to be a lot tougher to get all-in than it might have been otherwise, and you might lose some one-pair hands entirely that would never have considered folding had the flop been played differently.
Closed Thread