Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: a hand from 1/2 razz

[ QUOTE ]
However the OP explained that the villain is not a Muppet, he likely reads hands well enough to know he is ahead (unless he is misapplying the same concept of course). After his leading bet is called by the (**)K8 and raised by the hero he is unlikely to re-raise unless he feels confident he is ahead. Therefore its time for us to revise his range - lets assume his range is at worst a cleaner 7 (hero's hand is not that clean) or to be safe (6-5-)23.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your assumption here is flawed at any razz table, but especially at microstakes. Even if the primary villain is the best 1/2 player in the world, we can't assume his range is anywhere near that narrow. This really calls the whole rest of your analysis into question.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However the OP explained that the villain is not a Muppet, he likely reads hands well enough to know he is ahead (unless he is misapplying the same concept of course). After his leading bet is called by the (**)K8 and raised by the hero he is unlikely to re-raise unless he feels confident he is ahead. Therefore its time for us to revise his range - lets assume his range is at worst a cleaner 7 (hero's hand is not that clean) or to be safe (6-5-)23.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your assumption here is flawed at any razz table, but especially at microstakes. Even if the primary villain is the best 1/2 player in the world, we can't assume his range is anywhere near that narrow. This really calls the whole rest of your analysis into question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... he could be me and 3bet with 74.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a firm believer that the right math underlies the strategy of all winning poker players, but there are ways to go about playing well while adhering to the math without doing all sorts of calculations in your head at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh goody! Now all we need is coaching for the micro polayers who need it most that doesn't cost over a $100 to listen to....oh yeah...we have this forum!!

Congrats on your recently released video, just the free look is worth the time to go through it. I loved the way we are watching the play on FT during the narrative - it makes for about three times at least as much info as a talking head kind of deal. If I had a couple hundred bucks, I'd join up just to watch it. I hope you make many more. And, knowing what a good writer you are, I hope you consider a Razz book.

We REALLY need a Razz book.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh goody! Now all we need is coaching for the micro players who need it most that doesn't cost over a $100 to listen to....oh yeah...we have this forum!!

Congrats on your recently released video, just the free look is worth the time to go through it. I loved the way we are watching the play on FT during the narrative - it makes for about three times at least as much info as a talking head kind of deal. If I had a couple hundred bucks, I'd join up just to watch it. I hope you make many more. And, knowing what a good writer you are, I hope you consider a Razz book.

We REALLY need a Razz book.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY prax, I've received a lot of good feedback on the video and there are more coming. Hopefully once I get a series established even microstaking razzamaniacs will make the investment in joining the site for a short time and immersing themselves in razz enlightenment until the light bulb goes off and they pwn the microstakes. I promise there will not be any talking heads (certainly not of yours truly) to have to look at, so you won't have to close your eyes to watch them!

p.s. In the meantime, you have the forum to bring your game up to snuff.

p.p.s. If I ever wrote a book on the game, it would probably melt your mind even more [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.p.s. If I ever wrote a book on the game, it would probably melt your mind even more [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I already believe that, SG, why do you think I'm politicking for publishing?