Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 03:03 AM

Default Re: NL 50 - Am I behind here?

On a completly dry flop like this I wouldn't 3 bet, I think this is WA/WB so let him bet those worse hands and you can't get away from this if he has you beat, because you are ahead of so much of his range. If there is a draw on the flop then I will 3 bet this a lot of the time.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:17 AM

I like a 3 bet on the flop. There has been a ton of discussion in this forum about misplaying sets on the flop and this is definitely a situation where it *could* go wrong. I don't think you were getting away from this hand and the range of an unknown here would definitely not scare me off. I suppose he *could* have k8 but I wouldn't have put him on it personally. I would credit him for a pocket pair/overcards. He called under the gun and raised a flop that wouldn't appear to help you. If he has TT or 99 here he probably thinks he hit paydirt. You are good here a large enough portion of the time to play it out, although you definitely want to get more in on that flop when he raises. If he had k8 and beat you boat over boat, it happens. If he had KK or especially if he had AK or QK you should buddylist him because his tricky play will make you money. If he had pocket 2's its a tough break.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a completly dry flop like this I wouldn't 3 bet, I think this is WA/WB so let him bet those worse hands and you can't get away from this if he has you beat, because you are ahead of so much of his range. If there is a draw on the flop then I will 3 bet this a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very likely WA here and villian has shown he likes his hand a lot. You are likely against an over pair in this situation, and you want to commit your opponent as early as possible. This is 50nl and people overplay their over pairs.