Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: What a Great Year for My Teams!

[ QUOTE ]
He is obviously not being serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 PM

You are the worst kind of sports fan. I bet you can make this thread every year and hit a few championships.

Although, I do believe this is a joke thread, but I know people with 3 or 4 favorite teams in every sport.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are the worst kind of sports fan. I bet you can make this thread every month and hit a few championships.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really need Boston College to lose so my teams can have a shot at back-to-back-to-back (Texas, Florida and LSU).

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. Going for the 3-peat here.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 PM

Sir,

You cannot be a Yankees and a Red Sox fan. If you are a Red Sox fan you are obliged to hate the Yankees more than any other team in baseball. If you are a Yankees fan you are obliged to hate the Red Sox more than any other team in baseball. So for this to be possible you would have to be in some weird state of fandom where the Yankees and Red Sox are both your favorite and least favorite teams in baseball.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are the worst kind of sports fan. I bet you can make this thread every year and hit a few championships.

Although, I do believe this is a joke thread, but I know people with 3 or 4 favorite teams in every sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ninja edit so nobody will realize I didn't get the joke AMENTS
Old 10-29-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ninja edit so nobody will realize I didn't get the joke AMENTS

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhh.

Yeah sorta, but I only got like two sports in before I posted, then I read on and realized it had to be a joke afterwards.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My NFC co-favorites, the Cowboys and 49 ers

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not a real sports fan, I stopped reading.

Edit: Somehow didn't notice the Red Sox/Yankees reference. Pats/Colts now and Niners/Cowboys/Steelers historically. And you root for Brazil in soccer? Nice level, you managed to reel me in, hehe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sir,

You cannot be a Yankees and a Red Sox fan. If you are a Red Sox fan you are obliged to hate the Yankees more than any other team in baseball. If you are a Yankees fan you are obliged to hate the Red Sox more than any other team in baseball. So for this to be possible you would have to be in some weird state of fandom where the Yankees and Red Sox are both your favorite and least favorite teams in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you to tell me what teams to like or hate. To be honest, I don't hate any teams. Why is that? Well, sometimes a team starts to do good (take for example the Twins and Marlins) and you just want to root for them for a little while. If I hated those teams, then it just wouldn't feel "right" to cheer when they win.

As for as the Sawks go, I've been on them since they took the Yanks down in '94. I wanted to be angry, I was about to get sad. But it hit me - "It doens't have to be like this, why not back the Socks?" Well, that is just what I did.

However, it did create a problem because they were playing my other favorite team the Cardinals so I decided to wait until after game 3 to choose a side. The Sox made that choice easy by sweeping the first three and then four.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My NFC co-favorites, the Cowboys and 49 ers

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not a real sports fan, I stopped reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying Wilt Chamberlain didn't really like women because he slept with 20,000 of them.

I love sports. I am the biggest sports fanatic that I know. Just understand, I do have limits. For example, I am not going to by one of those multi-team (giants and A's) hats, jerseys, whatever. Those are for pikers.
Closed Thread