Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: what is the impact with a rebuy and without a rebuy tournament ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Freezeouts are profitable. Rebuys are super duper profitable :-)

[/ QUOTE ]
I am so sick of putting 2-3 hours and then busting out and not placing on the money,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then rebuys are for YOU! In rebuys, bad beats never happen!

Ok seriously, on average rebuys are so much more profitable than regular FOs and it isn't close.

In rebuys, people quit...leaving their dead $ in the pot.

In rebuys, you often play deepstacked for a much longer period.

In rebuys, people play above their bankroll as well, meaning bubbles are more profitable, etc.

So yeah, rebuys are pretty profitable.

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

whats bubbles?

pros of rebuys?
cons of rebuys?

thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 09:54 PM

If you play a low buyin tourney the play if very bad. The 3 dollar rebuys on stars usaully payout around 6000 for 1st. You need to be willing to take risks to get a bigstack the 1st hour if you plan on winning. You WILL get bad beats the 1st hour. Be prepared to play a long tourney. If you like deep stack tourneys than you will like rebuys. You get a soft feild where most players are horrible. Deep stacks and bad players = profit!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am so sick of putting 2-3 hours and then busting out and not placing on the money, are rebuys better and give you a much higher chance to be in the final table?

Thank You

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for a LONG, LONG....LONG tourney - probably 8 hrs. So you can play for 5-6 hours and still bust out of the money. The 1st hour is a pure crapshoot. I set a max I will rebuy/pay. The 1st hour pace really depends on the table dymanics. Some tables it is all a preflop push fest (with ATC). Others seem to be a pre-flop limp fest, followed by a post flop push fest.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am so sick of putting 2-3 hours and then busting out and not placing on the money, are rebuys better and give you a much higher chance to be in the final table?

Thank You

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for a LONG, LONG....LONG tourney - probably 8 hrs. So you can play for 5-6 hours and still bust out of the money. The 1st hour is a pure crapshoot. I set a max I will rebuy/pay. The 1st hour pace really depends on the table dymanics. Some tables it is all a preflop push fest (with ATC). Others seem to be a pre-flop limp fest, followed by a post flop push fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably a very strong reason why better players are so profitably in Rebuys. I almost shouldn't even mention why your post is so -EV for you and +EV for me.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably a very strong reason why better players are so profitably in Rebuys. I almost shouldn't even mention why your post is so -EV for you and +EV for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I can be +EV for you. Rebuys have actually been my best cashes. I just don't play them that often cause playing till 4-5am, then going to work at 7:30 is no fun at my age. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 03:15 PM

I never said you were a bad player; just alluding that your rebuy strategy is bad from an economics standpoint, meaning you're dead money sometimes because you give up before add-on period.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thank You

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so do you think I should stick with stars deep stack tourneys that have no rebuys?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thank You

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so do you think I should stick with stars deep stack tourneys that have no rebuys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if you want to play in the most gut-renching and lowest $/hour events on the internet. Have fun with those.