Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

Thanks for stopping by Mark. Give Potripper our best at the next AP junket in Costa Rica [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM

Well Mark, thank you for finally posting on 2+2 to show some of your side of the story. I know right there there seems to be quite some bias against you, and there will probably be a big hill to climb for a while at least.

I think one thing that really hurts you, is not necesarily the video, etc, but this whole deleted hand-history issue.

I fail to understand, how a decent poker site, one which deals with moneys and other sensitive matter, would DELETE its own reccords! One would think this should be a crime. After all, how can auditors do work when an organization does this?

What happens when the tax man wants to audit my filings from last year or the year before. Can I simply tell them, ummmmm too bad I deleted all my files. If only it were that simple, we wouldn't have that many people in this world get charged for tax evasion, now would we?

Myself, having worked in places like universities, etc, we backed up EVERYTHING. Including junk off our student servers even though we figured we'd NEVER want to go back to it. A lot of that was private data from people's accounts, but it was stored on tape (which is supper cheap when you store media in bulk). In the event of a court order, or hackers, or anything else, we at least had all that data on backup. This going all the way back to the very first network installed over a generation ago.

Surely, a company such as AP would have some closet space, and not cheap out on a little bit of cheap storage media? I t seems that even if this truely was some sort of innocent mistake, it proves that your sponsor was indeed incompetent. And their incompetence is showing through in many different things right now.

On the other hand, it is true that I don't know how Poker Stars or Full Tilt handles things exactly. If someone can verify to me that either of these two sites have EVER deleted hand histories, then I am willing to forgive AP perhaps for this serious error. As they are not the only one in that case.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, it's been fun. I tried to answer your questions and engage you in a meaningful discussion to try to figure things out. Clearly you are not interested in that.

As a group, you have demonstrated a childish, immature, narrow-minded, pre-judgmental, lynch-mob mentality. You don't care about the facts or the truth, you simply want blood. Logic and common sense are your enemies. You'd rather hurl insults and snide comments behind the safety and anonymity of your computers. Enjoy yourselves.

To be fair, there are a select few of you that have not been drawn into the mob-mentality and have engaged in meaningful and helpful discourse. To you, I applaud you and respect you. Unfortuantely, you are way outnumbered by imbeciles. Yeah, I said it. I said it because it's true. I tried not to, but couldn't help it. You gave me choice. I tried hard, at my own risk, to try to be respectful and tolerant. What I received back is the opposite. It's no wonder very very few pros post here.

Perhaps some day you will mature into a more tolerant, more open-minded, more courteous lot. But, for now, please throw away your jury summons' when you receive them. Either that, or tell the truth during voir dire (jury panel initial questioning) about how you have made up your mind and that all the defendants should hang. Tell the court not to waste time on a trial. Allegations are all that is needed because you guys belong to a forum where there is bastion of higher thinking, forget the evidence or arguments.

To be clear, I am not a spokesperon for AP, nor have I ever been. Neitehr is Barry Greenstein for PokerStars, nor is Phil Ivey for Tilt. Companies have dsignated people to do that.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

later [censored]
Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Did Mark Seif just put in his pacifier and leave?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, it's been fun. I tried to answer your questions and engage you in a meaningful discussion to try to figure things out.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you didn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly you are not interested in that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly.

[ QUOTE ]
As a group, you have demonstrated a childish, immature, narrow-minded, pre-judgmental, lynch-mob mentality. You don't care about the facts or the truth, you simply want blood. Logic and common sense are your enemies. You'd rather hurl insults and snide comments behind the safety and anonymity of your computers. Enjoy yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, you really figured us out.

[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, there are a select few of you that have not been drawn into the mob-mentality and have engaged in meaningful and helpful discourse. To you, I applaud you and respect you. Unfortuantely, you are way outnumbered by imbeciles. Yeah, I said it. I said it because it's true. I tried not to, but couldn't help it. You gave me choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
We did indeed give you choice, and you [censored] it up every step of the way.

[ QUOTE ]
I tried hard, at my own risk, to try to be respectful and tolerant.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you didn't. At all. How about an apology for Dan Druff?

[ QUOTE ]
What I received back is the opposite. It's no wonder very very few pros post here.

[/ QUOTE ]
You got what you asked for, bitch. And yeah, it's such a shame that no pros post here. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps some day you will mature into a more tolerant, more open-minded, more courteous lot. But, for now, please throw away your jury summons' when you receive them. Either that, or tell the truth during voir dire (jury panel initial questioning) about how you have made up your mind and that all the defendants should hang. Tell the court not to waste time on a trial. Allegations are all that is needed because you guys belong to a forum where there is bastion of higher thinking, forget the evidence or arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope so too. Maybe we can follow your example of maturity, open-mindedness, and courtesy.

[ QUOTE ]
To be clear, I am not a spokesperon for AP, nor have I ever been. Neitehr is Barry Greenstein for PokerStars, nor is Phil Ivey for Tilt. Companies have dsignated people to do that.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're just a straight up shill then? You could at least PRETEND to show a little humility and remorse for the fraudulent organization you endorse.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 PM

Damn, beat me to it.

LOL @ you seif, claiming you tried to give us any answers
Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[SNIP]

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliffs Notes:

The arrogant, lying prick is taking his ball and going home.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:41 PM

You don't really believe anyone is ever going to believe a word you ever say again do you? So it's probobly best you do just leave. HH's Mark HH's.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, it's been fun. I tried to answer your questions and engage you in a meaningful discussion to try to figure things out. Clearly you are not interested in that.

To be fair, there are a select few of you that have not been drawn into the mob-mentality and have engaged in meaningful and helpful discourse. To you, I applaud you and respect you. Unfortuantely, you are way outnumbered by imbeciles. Yeah, I said it. I said it because it's true. I tried not to, but couldn't help it. You gave me choice. I tried hard, at my own risk, to try to be respectful and tolerant. What I received back is the opposite. It's no wonder very very few pros post here.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

later [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its unfortunate that you have decided to take this approach. Your earlier post explaining your views on the POTRIPPER hands were the first time I heard you explain why you didn't find the hands proof of cheating, and your statement that you weren't authorized to speak on behalf of AP regarding the issue was the first time I heard that. I understand that a number of posters here are quite opposed to you, but I would just say that you may have found a quite different reception if you had chosen to make these statements considerably sooner. As you may be aware, AP issued a serious of statements in which they denied any cheating, and then explained the circumstances in several different scenarios which they have since disavowed. At no time have they fully disclosed their control structure or your relationship to them in any way. I have seen speculation that you are even a part owner. But you should be able to see that your long period of silence on these matters was occuring while people were attempting to decide what was going on. As someone who a lot of people formerly thought was a spokesman for AP but apparently is not, you appeared to be a logical source of information.

So you may be right that some folks are coming to uninformed conclusions. But the fact of the matter is that neither AP nor you have shared details regarding this matter with the public, including your relationship with Scott Tom, the hand histories that some individuals suggest are evidence of cheating, whether you indeed hold an ownership interest in this series of interrelated companies, etc.

There are many of us who are indeed eager to hear what you have to say regarding these matters. Please inform us.
Closed Thread