Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif, don't waste our time with this crap.

When you actually have something to say, SAY IT.

Any of these would do:

1) Guys, I'm shocked and appalled that the company I represent engaged in CRIMINAL activity.

2) I know you have been cheated and money has been stolen from you.

3) I will do everything I can to bring those responsible for perpetrating this CRIME to justice.

4) It's clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the POTRIPPER tournament was rigged.

5) I am ashamed that my public endorsement of Absolute Poker may have contributed to your decision to deposit money and play in fraudulent games.

Until you have something along these lines to say, do us all a favor and keep your lying, self serving, 2-faced comments to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. But please understand, I am not authorized to speak on behalf of AP. I have not advised them of any recent interviews I have conducted, nor have I sought nor received their permission for those interviews or the statements here. I speaking on my own behalf, only. I don;t know what consequences, if any, may result from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!! You don't speak on behalf of Absolute; you're just paid to speak on their behalf. I get it.

[ QUOTE ]

1. I am shocked and appalled that this type of conduct occurred at AP. There is no excuse for it. I was never made aware of the situation, to the actual extent, or in terms of the person/s involved, until the same day the public was made aware.

[/ QUOTE ]

bullllllllllllllllllllll [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
2. I know that many of you have been cheated and that money has been stolen from you. I have been told and honestly believe that you will be made whole. That doesn't make it right, but it's a good first step.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very classy of you to come right out and say this un-instigated.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I do believe whoever engaged in this conduct should be brought to justice. I am not in a position to do that pesonally, but I have recommened that and will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will continue to recommend that you choke on a dick.

[ QUOTE ]
4. It is NOW clear to me that Potrripper cheated inasmuch as there has been an admission of such. I looked at approximately 80 hands after I was assured repeatedly that it was impossible to view opponents' hole cards and that he had not in fact done so.

[/ QUOTE ]

So who's giving you these [censored] assurances, exactly?

[ QUOTE ]
I looked for a smoking gun. I found no pocket pairs folded preflop or other big hands when there were bigger hands out. I never found a hand where Potripper folded set under set, or a straight to a bigger straight or to a flush. I never saw a hand where he folded trips or a smaller full house to a bigger hand. I never saw a hand where he folded two pair or even top pair. Potripper, to the best of my knowledge and recollection, never even folded top pair. I agree he made some bizarre super-aggressive plays to make his opponents' fold. but, I have done the same, so has Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen, Daniel N. and other ultra-aggressive players. We've all seen them.

I was troubled when I saw him fold K-Q in an unopened pot in the cut-off or on the button, given the nature of his earlier play and when aces where behind him. I flagged that hand for further review.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] does this mean? Oh, thanks for flagging that 1 hand Mark. Nice detective work.

[ QUOTE ]
But, I also saw hands where it made no sense at all to make the plays he made given the cards that were out. In one hand, I believe he entered a pot UTG with 8-4 off, perhaps even for a raise when there were several big hands and/or pairs out behind him. I placed a lot of weight on that hand and a couple of other similar ones, clearly too much. I was very troubled by the last hand of the tournament where Potripper called an all-in with 10 high. That seemed very strange but there are possible, albeit rare, explanations. A misclick, or just an amazing call. I have been called by an 8 high before in a huge pot and it was good. We also found a hand that was played on Full Tilt by two well known and respected players, where the board read somethimg like Q-6-2-6-Q. A player bet on the end with 4-4 and was called by a player holding 5-5. Yes, a 5 high! This was also a very big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAI MARK WE'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT HERE IN MOTHER [censored] BRAGS BEATS AND VARIANCE. THANKS FOR EXPLAINING THE GAME OF POKER TO US.

[ QUOTE ]
I also asked another very successful professional poker player to look at the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
lolz
[ QUOTE ]
He too thought the plays were plausible, some were strange but that is not uncommon. Clearly, we were mistaken. But, I did not lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep repeating it, we'll believe you.

[ QUOTE ]
5. I feel very bad for those that, because of my public endorsement of AP, deposited money and played on AP and were cheated. I can't say that I am ashamed because I did nothing malicious or intentional. If I had, I would be very ashamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't believe you. DUCY?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<snip>
-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see those HH's Mark, you got them let's see them, quite screwing around.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 PM

how many times did you scroll through your avatar options before deciding on the baseball?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:55 PM

Mark, since I'm the one who said you appeared "ashamed" rather than guilty, let's now assume that based on your words that you are neither ashamed NOR guilty. What exactly are you then?
You are defending, excusing and representing a site that continuously lied about cheating people out of xxxxxxxx's of dollars and you're not even embarrassed?

What an interesting set of morals you have.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM

Gobbomon,

Mark likely has no other choice but to stay and support AP, or get a real job.

He is most likely out of money from his donkament luckboxing's. He sucks HARD at cashgames, as evidenced by his massive losses on AP, amounts that should be unheard of for the limits they had. And doesnt want to lose his wife, the money grubbing whore, who will be gone the second he is broke.

Therefor, its not all that hard to figure why he still represents AP. He needs to make a buck.

Sief, I say again. You are scum.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Also, its very clear to anyone who has played in siefs games over the past few years that his standards of conduct and AP's are quite in line with one another.

A match made in heaven if you will.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gobbomon,

Mark likely has no other choice but to stay and support AP, or get a real job.

He is most likely out of money from his donkament luckboxing's. He sucks HARD at cashgames, as evidenced by his massive losses on AP, amounts that should be unheard of for the limits they had. And doesnt want to lose his wife, the money grubbing whore, who will be gone the second he is broke.

Therefor, its not all that hard to figure why he still represents AP. He needs to make a buck.

Sief, I say again. You are scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then I feel very sad for him. What a terrible way to spend your life. I bet his parents would be real proud.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of these would do:

1) Guys, I'm shocked and appalled that the company I represent engaged in CRIMINAL activity.

3) I will do everything I can to bring those responsible for perpetrating this CRIME to justice.

4) It's clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the POTRIPPER tournament was rigged.

5) I am ashamed that my public endorsement of Absolute Poker may have contributed to your decision to deposit money and play in fraudulent games.

Until you have something along these lines to say, do us all a favor and keep your lying, self serving, 2-faced comments to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. But please understand, I am not authorized to speak on behalf of AP. I have not advised them of any recent interviews I have conducted, nor have I sought nor received their permission for those interviews or the statements here. I speaking on my own behalf, only. I don;t know what consequences, if any, may result from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!! You don't speak on behalf of Absolute; you're just paid to speak on their behalf. I get it.

[ QUOTE ]

1. I am shocked and appalled that this type of conduct occurred at AP. There is no excuse for it. I was never made aware of the situation, to the actual extent, or in terms of the person/s involved, until the same day the public was made aware.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2. I know that many of you have been cheated and that money has been stolen from you. I have been told and honestly believe that you will be made whole. That doesn't make it right, but it's a good first step.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3. I do believe whoever engaged in this conduct should be brought to justice. I am not in a position to do that pesonally, but I have recommened that and will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
4. It is NOW clear to me that Potrripper cheated inasmuch as there has been an admission of such. I looked at approximately 80 hands after I was assured repeatedly that it was impossible to view opponents' hole cards and that he had not in fact done so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I looked for a smoking gun. I found no pocket pairs folded preflop or other big hands when there were bigger hands out. I never found a hand where Potripper folded set under set, or a straight to a bigger straight or to a flush. I never saw a hand where he folded trips or a smaller full house to a bigger hand. I never saw a hand where he folded two pair or even top pair. Potripper, to the best of my knowledge and recollection, never even folded top pair. I agree he made some bizarre super-aggressive plays to make his opponents' fold. but, I have done the same, so has Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen, Daniel N. and other ultra-aggressive players. We've all seen them.

I was troubled when I saw him fold K-Q in an unopened pot in the cut-off or on the button, given the nature of his earlier play and when aces where behind him. I flagged that hand for further review.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] does this mean? Oh, thanks for flagging that 1 hand Mark. Nice detective work.

[ QUOTE ]
But, I also saw hands where it made no sense at all to make the plays he made given the cards that were out. In one hand, I believe he entered a pot UTG with 8-4 off, perhaps even for a raise when there were several big hands and/or pairs out behind him. I placed a lot of weight on that hand and a couple of other similar ones, clearly too much. I was very troubled by the last hand of the tournament where Potripper called an all-in with 10 high. That seemed very strange but there are possible, albeit rare, explanations. A misclick, or just an amazing call. I have been called by an 8 high before in a huge pot and it was good. We also found a hand that was played on Full Tilt by two well known and respected players, where the board read somethimg like Q-6-2-6-Q. A player bet on the end with 4-4 and was called by a player holding 5-5. Yes, a 5 high! This was also a very big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAI MARK WE'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT HERE IN MOTHER [censored] BRAGS BEATS AND VARIANCE. THANKS FOR EXPLAINING THE GAME OF POKER TO US.

[ QUOTE ]
I also asked another very successful professional poker player to look at the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
lolz
[ QUOTE ]
He too thought the plays were plausible, some were strange but that is not uncommon. Clearly, we were mistaken. But, I did not lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
5. I feel very bad for those that, because of my public endorsement of AP, deposited money and played on AP and were cheated. I can't say that I am ashamed because I did nothing malicious or intentional. If I had, I would be very ashamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, it's been fun. I tried to answer your questions and engage you in a meaningful discussion to try to figure things out. Clearly you are not interested in that.

As a group, you have demonstrated a childish, immature, narrow-minded, pre-judgmental, lynch-mob mentality. You don't care about the facts or the truth, you simply want blood. Logic and common sense are your enemies. You'd rather hurl insults and snide comments behind the safety and anonymity of your computers. Enjoy yourselves.

To be fair, there are a select few of you that have not been drawn into the mob-mentality and have engaged in meaningful and helpful discourse. To you, I applaud you and respect you. Unfortuantely, you are way outnumbered by imbeciles. Yeah, I said it. I said it because it's true. I tried not to, but couldn't help it. You gave me choice. I tried hard, at my own risk, to try to be respectful and tolerant. What I received back is the opposite. It's no wonder very very few pros post here.

Perhaps some day you will mature into a more tolerant, more open-minded, more courteous lot. But, for now, please throw away your jury summons' when you receive them. Either that, or tell the truth during voir dire (jury panel initial questioning) about how you have made up your mind and that all the defendants should hang. Tell the court not to waste time on a trial. Allegations are all that is needed because you guys belong to a forum where there is bastion of higher thinking, forget the evidence or arguments.

To be clear, I am not a spokesperon for AP, nor have I ever been. Neitehr is Barry Greenstein for PokerStars, nor is Phil Ivey for Tilt. Companies have dsignated people to do that.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif
Old 10-29-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of these would do:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lolz
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, it's been fun. I tried to answer your questions and engage you in a meaningful discussion to try to figure things out. Clearly you are not interested in that.

As a group, you have demonstrated a childish, immature, narrow-minded, pre-judgmental, lynch-mob mentality. You don't care about the facts or the truth, you simply want blood. Logic and common sense are your enemies. You'd rather hurl insults and snide comments behind the safety and anonymity of your computers. Enjoy yourselves.

To be fair, there are a select few of you that have not been drawn into the mob-mentality and have engaged in meaningful and helpful discourse. To you, I applaud you and respect you. Unfortuantely, you are way outnumbered by imbeciles. Yeah, I said it. I said it because it's true. I tried not to, but couldn't help it. You gave me choice. I tried hard, at my own risk, to try to be respectful and tolerant. What I received back is the opposite. It's no wonder very very few pros post here.

Perhaps some day you will mature into a more tolerant, more open-minded, more courteous lot. But, for now, please throw away your jury summons' when you receive them. Either that, or tell the truth during voir dire (jury panel initial questioning) about how you have made up your mind and that all the defendants should hang. Tell the court not to waste time on a trial. Allegations are all that is needed because you guys belong to a forum where there is bastion of higher thinking, forget the evidence or arguments.

To be clear, I am not a spokesperon for AP, nor have I ever been. Neitehr is Barry Greenstein for PokerStars, nor is Phil Ivey for Tilt. Companies have dsignated people to do that.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

See ya.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found no pocket pairs folded preflop or other big hands when there were bigger hands out.

[/ QUOTE ] does seif understand that folding 22 preflop because someone has TT when you have perfect information would be........ a really really stupid move? possibly a move that mark seif might make if he were a superuser?
Closed Thread