Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

[ QUOTE ]
More fun with Absolute Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
“We’re just saying we’re someone else that got shortchanged by Absolute Poker, and this should be public knowledge,” Mr. Kurok said, adding that other clients who miss payments need not worry about his firm growing another head.

“There are some clients that have trouble with cash flow and we’re flexible,” he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see the NY Times cover online poker finally.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of thing could happen at Poker Stars or Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why even try to drag the good names of legit poker rooms into this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because those sites implicitly allow for such conduct by using things like the KGC instead of having real forensic audits and investigations

their names are mud because they clearly support the crappy overseeing of the industry

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on some of the posts I've read, I think there is a substantial amount of confusion regarding my statement about Stars and Full Tilt. This is either due to me failing to be clear and/or poor editing. I don't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice try buddy. how much did AP pay you for your soul?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:13 AM

So wait let me get this straight. The highest echelon of AP consults with Mark on how to handle reimbursements of effected players, but he has to go to some lowly know nothing to request hand histories via IM? Please.....
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif, don't waste our time with this crap.

When you actually have something to say, SAY IT.

Any of these would do:

1) Guys, I'm shocked and appalled that the company I represent engaged in CRIMINAL activity.

2) I know you have been cheated and money has been stolen from you.

3) I will do everything I can to bring those responsible for perpetrating this CRIME to justice.

4) It's clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the POTRIPPER tournament was rigged.

5) I am ashamed that my public endorsement of Absolute Poker may have contributed to your decision to deposit money and play in fraudulent games.

Until you have something along these lines to say, do us all a favor and keep your lying, self serving, 2-faced comments to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif, don't waste our time with this crap.

When you actually have something to say, SAY IT.

Any of these would do:

1) Guys, I'm shocked and appalled that the company I represent engaged in CRIMINAL activity.

2) I know you have been cheated and money has been stolen from you.

3) I will do everything I can to bring those responsible for perpetrating this CRIME to justice.

4) It's clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the POTRIPPER tournament was rigged.

5) I am ashamed that my public endorsement of Absolute Poker may have contributed to your decision to deposit money and play in fraudulent games.

Until you have something along these lines to say, do us all a favor and keep your lying, self serving, 2-faced comments to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. But please understand, I am not authorized to speak on behalf of AP. I have not advised them of any recent interviews I have conducted, nor have I sought nor received their permission for those interviews or the statements here. I speaking on my own behalf, only. I don;t know what consequences, if any, may result from this.

1. I am shocked and appalled that this type of conduct occurred at AP. There is no excuse for it. I was never made aware of the situation, to the actual extent, or in terms of the person/s involved, until the same day the public was made aware.

2. I know that many of you have been cheated and that money has been stolen from you. I have been told and honestly believe that you will be made whole. That doesn't make it right, but it's a good first step.

3. I do believe whoever engaged in this conduct should be brought to justice. I am not in a position to do that pesonally, but I have recommened that and will continue to do so.

4. It is NOW clear to me that Potrripper cheated inasmuch as there has been an admission of such. I looked at approximately 80 hands after I was assured repeatedly that it was impossible to view opponents' hole cards and that he had not in fact done so.

I looked for a smoking gun. I found no pocket pairs folded preflop or other big hands when there were bigger hands out. I never found a hand where Potripper folded set under set, or a straight to a bigger straight or to a flush. I never saw a hand where he folded trips or a smaller full house to a bigger hand. I never saw a hand where he folded two pair or even top pair. Potripper, to the best of my knowledge and recollection, never even folded top pair. I agree he made some bizarre super-aggressive plays to make his opponents' fold. but, I have done the same, so has Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen, Daniel N. and other ultra-aggressive players. We've all seen them.

I was troubled when I saw him fold K-Q in an unopened pot in the cut-off or on the button, given the nature of his earlier play and when aces where behind him. I flagged that hand for further review.

But, I also saw hands where it made no sense at all to make the plays he made given the cards that were out. In one hand, I believe he entered a pot UTG with 8-4 off, perhaps even for a raise when there were several big hands and/or pairs out behind him. I placed a lot of weight on that hand and a couple of other similar ones, clearly too much. I was very troubled by the last hand of the tournament where Potripper called an all-in with 10 high. That seemed very strange but there are possible, albeit rare, explanations. A misclick, or just an amazing call. I have been called by an 8 high before in a huge pot and it was good. We also found a hand that was played on Full Tilt by two well known and respected players, where the board read somethimg like Q-6-2-6-Q. A player bet on the end with 4-4 and was called by a player holding 5-5. Yes, a 5 high! This was also a very big pot.

I also asked another very successful professional poker player to look at the hands. He too thought the plays were plausible, some were strange but that is not uncommon. Clearly, we were mistaken. But, I did not lie.

5. I feel very bad for those that, because of my public endorsement of AP, deposited money and played on AP and were cheated. I can't say that I am ashamed because I did nothing malicious or intentional. If I had, I would be very ashamed.

-- Mark Seif
Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. But please understand, I am not authorized to speak on behalf of AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that's why they call you the "spokesman" for AP in the interview.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have been called by an 8 high before in a huge pot and it was good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice to see the NY Times cover online poker finally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Online poker made me rob a bank
Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[SNIP]

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliffs Notes:

1.) It wasn't me.
2.) They'll give it back. Promise.
3.) I just work here.
4.) I'm really, really, really bad at poker.
5.) It wasn't me.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Mark, these definitions might interest you. I'm just sayin'.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
dis·in·gen·u·ous
–adjective
lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

American Heritage
dis·in·gen·u·ous
adj.

1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating: "an ambitious, disingenuous, philistine, and hypocritical operator, who ... exemplified ... the most disagreeable traits of his time" (David Cannadine).
2. Pretending to be unaware or unsophisticated; faux-naïf.
3. Usage Problem Unaware or uninformed; naive.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 PM

Mr Seif,

You are not authorized to speak on behalf of AP? You've been on TV speaking on their behalf, ffs!

'If' something was going on, you said. If? You just told us you knew about the cheating at the same time we did.

'Unequivocally', you said while speaking about - sorry, on behalf of - Nat. A significant word Nat never used.

The moment AP was proven corrupt, you should have left them. And IF you really did have a quick play on God-mode that one time because you were steaming, then just admit it and make reparations. It's one time. Nobody has said you did it continuously.

It takes both effort and skill to erase data from a hard drive properly. It's also routine to have back-ups. If those hard drives still exist, the HH are almost certainly recoverable. Indeed, they could have already been located.

As you've already agreed to them being made public, it's very possible that the first you'll know about it is when they're posted to the NY Times. Depending what they show, those HH could be worth $1000-$5000. (Hell, I'd pay $1000 for them).

Proof of guilt renders subsequent 'confessions' entirely worthless. Just ask Scott Tom.
Closed Thread