Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: 2-4 live

[ QUOTE ]
srzly?

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't making $50-$65/hour in a 3-6 game. Problem isn't what they give away it's what the house takes too.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're clearly determined to play in these games regardless of what anyone says. Fine. However, long term, the absolute best you're going to do in a 2/4 live game with a 10%, 5 max drop rake is $3/hour.

What happens in two or three sessions is, quite literally, meaningless and not reflective of any future expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually disgusted by the fact that I waste my time going to play the 3-6, and esp the 2-4. I just wanted to see if my gut feeling was right. I have been trying to accept that I have little or no edge in these games for a while, despite having a number of very good sessions avging 10bb+ hr.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:03 PM

So play the bigger games. Unless that isn't an option. In that case you're SOL and just play online until you can afford 30-60.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played it a lot when I was bored playing nl online and still fresh to poker, and I averaged a decent to good winrate, but now I am thinking that playing the 2-4 game is not even worth my time, even if I'm waiting for another game.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Like I said, if you take the monies seriously you shouldn't play lower than like 6/12 live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I can beat 4/8 for at least 10/hour even with the 4+1 flat drop here in los angeles. I'd be interested in prop betting this with someone. PM if interested.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You'd have to be freakin' Schneids to take home more than one bet an hour after the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not schneids. I can def beat 3-6 for more than 6 per hour, and 4/8 for more than 10 per hour. PM if interested in prop betting me on this.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 PM

What sort of comparisons/correlations are there between playing limit live vs online. Is it more profitable to play online other than the fact of more hands per hour. I recently played 2-4 limit and was absolutely confounded as to the skill/style of play.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Is online only more beatable because of less rake?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Used to play 3-6 and 5-10 on party and rarely have losing sessions, is limit still profitable online?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 AM

I have over 6000 hours at 2/4 from when I started playing years ago to now when I sit down waiting for a 10/20 seat to become available AND THEY ARE BEATABLE!!!! I make a consistent $4.17/Hour, but the rake is huge at this level (approximately 14% vs. 2% at 10/20). Now you won't get rich playing 2/4 but it's a great starting place to learn to deal with the variance and negative swings. I recently spent a week in Vegas playing 10/20 at the Mirage and 2/4 and 3/6 at my hotel before going to bed, and believe me terrible players are everywhere. Get a good program like StatKing or just an excell spreadsheet and KEEP RECORDS. I found I was earning TWICE as much on the weekends than during week because of the casual gamblers. Also a good simulations program is nice to check the effect of the rake on the type of game you find yourself in. Most importantly though, if the texture of the game changes from no foldem something resembling actual poker (it does happen at the lower limits) pack up and find a better game. I often find myself surrounded in the 4/8 games with 10/20 players waiting for tables. When this happens I'm better off sitting in 2/4, which I do.