Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: 200NL Live - QQ - Shortstack

definetly do not do the bet 25 thing...ewww thats just a horrible play.....ew.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
definetly do not do the bet 25 thing...ewww thats just a horrible play.....ew.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you play it?

There are also players who call way too much preflop but play semi-decently (relatively) on the flop and will fold to your bet unless they have an A. These players may also realize that if you check the flop/turn you have nothing and will have to fold to their bet.

This is a really tricky hand, and I think it has to come down to what you know about villain. If you know nothing I think you're basically stuck check/folding.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 AM

25 dollars just looks like... well exactly what it is, a final stab to take down the pot. I think anyone who knows poker at all (granted it might not be this guy) is going to push when you do that.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
25 dollars just looks like... well exactly what it is, a final stab to take down the pot. I think anyone who knows poker at all (granted it might not be this guy) is going to push when you do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but this is definitely thinking that is missing from the majority of 1/2NL live players. This requires thinking about what cards your opponent has and not just what you have, and thats way too advanced for most people at these limits.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM

i kno hes not that aggro. as in, he wont raise unless hes hit.

he will call any piece (draws, PPs, Prs, ...) always. he wud probably call a CB with 77+/JT+, so saddly there is still some value to b had here.

i believe if i bet and he pushes, he has a hand (dont even think he wud do this with KQ). tho if i check to him, he wont necessarily bet/push with A or K.

stupid spot...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i kno hes not that aggro. as in, he wont raise unless hes hit.

he will call any piece (draws, PPs, Prs, ...) always. he wud probably call a CB with 77+/JT+, so saddly there is still some value to b had here.

i believe if i bet and he pushes, he has a hand (dont even think he wud do this with KQ). tho if i check to him, he wont necessarily bet/push with A or K.

stupid spot...

[/ QUOTE ]

With this kind of opponent I think I'd take the small pot route and check/fold at least until the river. It doesn't seem like he'll bluff much so you can be pretty sure you're beat if he bets, and like I said earlier, the majority of hands you're beating on the flop don't have much hope of improving if he gets free cards.

The value you give up by not betting hands you're beating that he'll call with is probably not as much as the value you give up by betting into his A or K. At worst its a very small amount.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:33 PM

this is Ax so much its sickening. And hes not folding anything he hit here. Id probly just c/f and hate him and myself.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:37 PM

Just try to check it down. He'll let you know if he's ahead. Additionally, these spots are pretty handy for having physical reads in the off chance that villain realizes he has to bluff to win.