Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Death sends you to the next level... (math-ish/philosophy)

[ QUOTE ]
can you warp to even higher levels like super mario bros.?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, assuming there's a next level, you warp by suicide.

[ QUOTE ]
So you're just incarnated as an adult in Level 2? Or are you reborn, with your "past memories and knowledge" merging in at a later stage of development?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure, for the purpose of my question let's assume you are reborn as a fully grown adult, but with a few years of special ability to pick up new languages, learn new things.

[ QUOTE ]
There are no levels to life or death; it is just human mythology to construct a hierarchy to life and give special meaning to existence and the entry and exit points for individual beings.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I believe any of this... I'm just saying, what if there were such a thing as levels. Does having seen one increase the likelihood that a next level exists. That's really it. If you somehow made it to level 50, would it be logical to assume there's a much stronger chance that level 51 exists as compared to getting to level 2, and trying to figure out the likelihood of level 3's existence?

If you are climbing up stairs of some random building, and you have no idea what building you were in... would getting to level 50 give you more confidence that level 51 exists as compared to climbing to level 2 and trying to see if level 3 exists?

Are these the same problem or not?

[ QUOTE ]
I would think the probability of there being another lever after the current one would increase asymptotically (< spelling?).

Another interesting question would be how would you calculate that probability, and the start of that answer is of course here and now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is more or less what I'm interested in. That's why I made it clear that this really shouldn't be tied to anything religious at all.

I am really unsure of how to think about this, and that's why I presented it here in this forum... so, all you smart folks can guide me. Heh.

-RMJ