Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Not sure what to do here.

[ QUOTE ]
Please give reads, if possible.

If you are going to continuation bet, just bet the pot here. It will make you postflop decisions much easier.

Against one player on this flop, I am inclined to just bet the pot and call any push from this player. There is a good chance you are ahead.

In general, I think that it is hard for me and other players who are used to playing at higher limits to take this hand seriously without a read. Players at $10PLO are generally pretty bad at you may have no idea what you are up against. He may have a straight draw, an overpair or air (interpreting your weak bet as a surrender flag).

[/ QUOTE ]
Last hand you posted was at 25PLO I think Mr. HSP. This post makes no sense. If said 10PLO player is so bad, he isn't going to interpret anything other than his own hand holding.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please give reads, if possible.

If you are going to continuation bet, just bet the pot here. It will make you postflop decisions much easier.

Against one player on this flop, I am inclined to just bet the pot and call any push from this player. There is a good chance you are ahead.

In general, I think that it is hard for me and other players who are used to playing at higher limits to take this hand seriously without a read. Players at $10PLO are generally pretty bad at you may have no idea what you are up against. He may have a straight draw, an overpair or air (interpreting your weak bet as a surrender flag).

[/ QUOTE ]
Last hand you posted was at 25PLO I think Mr. HSP. This post makes no sense. If said 10PLO player is so bad, he isn't going to interpret anything other than his own hand holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes... public service message from me... if you drink, don't post. Sorry for the language of my last post. Apparently, alcohol makes the brain not work properly.

What I meant to say was that we need a read here because so many at the 10PLO level are betting/calling without thinking about why they are doing it.

Although I just graduated to low stakes (50PLO), I still love microstakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
--------------------
Back to the hand... many PLO10 players greatly over-estimate the strength of their hands and are willing to go to war with just an overpair. Some just like to bluff. You will be getting 2 to 1 on a call, which is enough if he has top two pair.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:46 AM

I'd shove, if he had a full stack I would fold.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:12 AM

So you were betting half the pot with no plan at all here? I don't like that. If you're betting 1/2 the pot, it should be because you specifically think you can induce a bluff from one pair. Otherwise, just pot it and call a push. Your opponent's too short for you to take any line that includes a fold on this flop.