Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
The time taken to respond to accusations on the internet is simply not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could defend himself very easily by quitting absolute immediately. Name one reason why anyone who's innocent doesn't? Why doesn't he at least apologize for slandering Dan Druff in the first place after he proved correct? If he can't do the right thing he deserves what he gets even if he didn't cheat.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Josem,

You remind me with every post why I hate politician's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they understand that many people's livelihoods depend on their professional reputation?

Because they realise that slurs against people with no credible evidence to support them can be incredibly damaging?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they survive with rhetoric not truth.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The time taken to respond to accusations on the internet is simply not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could defend himself very easily by quitting absolute immediately. Name one reason why anyone who's innocent doesn't? Why doesn't he at least apologize for slandering Dan Druff in the first place after he proved correct? If he can't do the right thing he deserves what he gets even if he didn't cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, you'd think someone who had defended his company up to the day they admitted they cheated would at least be outraged enough to quit that company once the truth came out. Unless there is something more to the story we don't know. But if his 'good name' is so important to him, why doesn't Seif take the first step and leave the cheating poker site? Staying there as if nothing happened just makes him look shady by association.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Name one reason why anyone who's innocent doesn't?

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's some:
1) He has a personal relationship with the people at AP.
2) He has a contract to promote AP
3) He is getting paid
4) He has already been paid for #2

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't he at least apologize for slandering Dan Druff in the first place after he proved correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
I suspect this is not high on his prority list of things to do. I can't imagine many people in this thread apologising for abusing Seif if he is subsequently cleared.

[ QUOTE ]
If he can't do the right thing he deserves what he gets even if he didn't cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course he doesn't. Someone who is a douchebag doesn't deserve to be labeled a cheat if he isn't.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because they survive with rhetoric not truth.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? I ask for credible evidence before lambasting Seif as a cheater, and I'm accused of "rhetoric not truth"?

Get real.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, you'd think someone who had defended his company up to the day they admitted they cheated would at least be outraged enough to quit that company once the truth came out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that they've brought in auditors, it would seem reasonable to wait for the audit/investigation to complete before responding to it.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:18 PM

I think it's obvious who Mark Seif's lawyer is.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:24 PM

Ah hemm.... Attention from what I can gather it appears that Absolute Poker is currently operating *without a license*. Does anyone know what the legal implications of this are????

I have started a new thread on this as I think it is an important matter.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people keep saying 'there is no evidence' re: Mark Seif cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've tried to keep saying that there is no credible evidence.

While, technically, a blog post by someone one and a half years ago is evidence, I dont think it is credible.

[ QUOTE ]
There is PLENTY of evidence. Enough to convince a great many experienced poker players already. What we don't have - yet - is proof in the form of incriminating HH.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is any poker player who plays 100/200 limit, or 10/20 no limit or above on a regular basis that would claim to be "convinced" that Mark cheated.

[ QUOTE ]
There is not, as yet, that HH evidence. Right now, that's essentially the only difference between Seif's incident and Potripper.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a pretty [censored] big difference.

The absence of evidence in Mark's case should not give people the right to create evidence by filling in the gaps.

[ QUOTE ]
The accusation, made at the time, was that Seif was cheating SOMEHOW while playing on AP. But, to prove it without the HH was impossible - and Seif sure as hell didn't have to release his HH at the time because the very idea of a 'God-mode' was utterly ridiculous, according to Seif's buddies at AP. Hold that thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stuckingph could provide a HH; AP could provide a HH; an observer could provide an AP.

So far, none have been able to. So, until the proof arrives, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

[ QUOTE ]
18 months later, it turns out that the method suspected at the time ('God-mode') IS IN FACT REAL. Who had access to it? Why, AP management! And - wow! - Mark Seif is part of AP management...

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very confident that Mark Seif is not part of AP management.

[ QUOTE ]
So what are we left with for Seif's defence now? Can't say God-mode doesn't exist... Can't say Seif isn't in bed with AP... Can't say he didn't say maybe POTRIPPER just got lucky before the HH proved otherwise... Aha! Got it!

[/ QUOTE ]
How the hell is he supposed to defend himself against an accusation that 18months ago he allegedly open folded a hand, and allegedly could see hole cards?

What would you suggest he do in his situation?

[ QUOTE ]
(BTW, proof beyond a reasonable doubt is all it takes. If I were on a jury, I think I know how I'd vote.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank god I'm never going to be charged with a crime and have you on my jury.

The suggestion that the stuff against Mark could hold up in a Western court of law is absurd. It's not even close to reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I were on the jury I would not have enough evidence to in good conscience find him guilty. However I do not care for how he is handling it and his attitude toward Druff. My jury is still out on Mark, however I wouldn't play him online either. The Raw Vegas interview makes me ill, and he is acting like a guilty man, however I wouldn't hang him just yet because I certainly could be wrong and its not fair to hang someone just based on feel or opinion.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:47 PM

Bottom line: Seif has proven himself an ass many times over on AP. Does it really matter *that* much if he's an ass who didn't cheat? It's not like he could ever be taken to court. And I'm sure most everyone in the poker community who knows him already has an opinion on the guy. So who cares? He's an ass, who may or may not have cheated, but very likely nothing would ever be done to him even if he did cheat.