Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me first say that I have seen no evidence that Mr. Seif has cheated.

But I can't understand those of you defending him.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a general rule, when your first statement is true, your second statement should be self-evidently false.

I think a good practice in life is to defend those people who have been unjustly accused.

[ QUOTE ]
That lacks integrity. (snipped other stuff, obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you believe this to be true, it is not reasonable to trump this up into an accusation of cheating.

There are two separate issues here - your opinion that Mark has behaved in a way that lacks integrity (whatever exactly that means), and accusations of cheating that have no credible evidence to support them.

The accusations of cheating against Mark Seif - which go to the heart of this situation - have no base in credible evidence, and people should stop making them.

The sum total of the accusation against him is that, well over a year ago, there was one hand, which he allegedly open folded on the flop. The source of this evidence is a blog post, which contains no HH, and which the author's view has significantly changed.

2p2 should be a bastion of high quality thinking. The accusation against Mark has no basis in high quality thinking, and until such time that evidence is provided, it should cease.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your description is not correct. The 'sum total' of the accusation is not at all that there was just one hand that he folded on the flop. Maybe you have not seen the original forum posts. Please take a look at them. They have also been discussed here a number of times. But to spell it out they talked about just the same exploit with seeing the hole cards that we have seen later.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your description is not correct. The 'sum total' of the accusation is not at all that there was just one hand that he folded on the flop. Maybe you have not seen the original forum posts. Please take a look at them. They have also been discussed here a number of times. But to spell it out they talked about just the same exploit with seeing the hole cards that we have seen later.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you're telling Josem to read the threads?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:36 AM

Ya rly that n00b josem needs to get with the program.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you're telling Josem to read the threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called sarcasm.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The only evidence we have that Seif could see the hole cards is just one random accusation on the internet from 1.5 years ago. No HH, no corroboration, nothing more than that.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:47 AM

IS ANYONE LOOKING INTO THIS VEGAS CHARITY TO SEE IF ITS LEGIT. COULD BE A SET UP FOR MONEY LAUNDERING OR SOME SUCH..
Old 10-27-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IS ANYONE LOOKING INTO THIS VEGAS CHARITY TO SEE IF ITS LEGIT. COULD BE A SET UP FOR MONEY LAUNDERING OR SOME SUCH..

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT YOU SAY??
Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One fact which I consider major has been noted in this thread by another poster, yet it's been passed over.

The CEO Poker Tour, a scam organization, was supposedly making charitable contributions to the Sunrise Children's Foundation (of Las Vegas).

Now we find that AP, a questionable organization if not outrightly corrupt, is making charitable contributions to the same charity.

There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of charitable organizations in the USA.
Yet two shady companies are both working with a charity which I would guess no one on these boards has ever heard of, and which has a website which has been aptly described here as "a ghost town".

The coincidence would be easier to accept if they were both dealing with a "top ten" charity - e.g., "Quick, where do I donate - how about the Salvation Army".

But 2 shady gaming companies both dealing with the same obscure Las Vegas charity - my scam detector is buzzing.

I suspect that some of the excellent detectives on this site could uncover some interesting dirt.

[/ QUOTE ]\

i'm pretty sure this is not the case -- i don' tthink the same charity was involved in both cases.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The only evidence we have that Seif could see the hole cards is just one random accusation on the internet from 1.5 years ago. No HH, no corroboration, nothing more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was just one random accusation, there would not be a long description of this made by ICfishies, and several posts by stuckinpgh about the same incident where he confirms the description as accurate and also states that " I no longer play site owners hu for big stakes.".

There is no evidence, but that does not mean that the accusation should be described incorrectly. What is so interesting with it is that it is completely consistent with the exploit that we know actually happened. This makes the accusation very credible, and the warning against playing site-owners heads-up serious indeed.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM

teddyFBI - "i'm pretty sure this is not the case -- i don' tthink the same charity was involved in both cases."

You are definitely wrong. Go back to the CEO Poker Tour thread - I think it was in NVGossip.
Also was mentioned previously in this thread.