Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: 50NL - 2PR - wtf?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was curious about this one what ended up happening split suit?

[/ QUOTE ]

pushaman had QJ, i folded (not willingly tho cuz my spidey-sense went off...but i cudnt find the LR logic in calling), and UTG2 overcalld with KQ and held.

first time in 3months ive gotten results oriented tilty (which is odd being i was +4BI on the sesh anyway)...so i had to get off for an hour b4 restarting.

hand is still bizzare, but i think its a thin fold everytime i peak at it

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm good. See above post for what I still think is a reasonable explanation of why its a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw it =)

tho the pushamans range is a lil wobbly, it def is a lot of P+D type hands (J/(9-T-Q)). and UTG2 is almost always KK/AA, sometimes AQ. both are silly. but still...razor thin

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you made the correct play - there are better spots to stack aggro donks like that.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:44 PM

Fold preflop. It might be good if UTG+1 still didn't have to act behind you, but with UTG+1 still to act, folding preflop is better than calling.

As played for the call preflop, you got lucky in that UTG+1 folded. Now your relative position to the preflop raiser, UTG+2, is excellent. So, on the flop you check your 2-pair, then you get an expected continuation bet from the preflop raiser, and then CO goes all-in. At this point, you should use your excellent relative position to do the right thing - namely, fold. It is highly unlikely that you have the best hand with bottom two pair because given the action between UTG+2 and the CO, at least one of them has a set or a straight already.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. It might be good if UTG+1 still didn't have to act behind you, but with UTG+1 still to act, folding preflop is better than calling.

As played for the call preflop, you got lucky in that UTG+1 folded. Now your relative position to the preflop raiser, UTG+2, is excellent. So, on the flop you check your 2-pair, then you get an expected continuation bet from the preflop raiser, and then CO goes all-in. At this point, you should use your excellent relative position to do the right thing - namely, fold. It is highly unlikely that you have the best hand with bottom two pair because given the action between UTG+2 and the CO, at least one of them has a set or a straight already.

[/ QUOTE ]

pf is plenty fine
and these donks dont have to have set+. they are donks for a reason, and hence they do donk things
Old 10-27-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is bad IMO.

In a 4-way pot against morons I'm willing to call with hands as trashy as 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hoping to hit a big flop.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is bad IMO.

In a 4-way pot against morons I'm willing to call with hands as trashy as 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hoping to hit a big flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

suited cards that can make str8s are amazing in this spot. and i prefer them OOP generally cuz im snap checkin almost any flop and watchin multiway action go bezerk behind me while effectively giving myself position cuz idiot is guaranteed 2 CB almost always

tho i prob stop at the 85 gap, and fold 95

(sry, im drunk and hope im coin off clear)