Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Worst hand i\'ve played in a while, 2 pair in a 3bet pot, need help

So then if you get called after 3 betting AQ pf, what is your default line when hitting top pair? It doesnt make much sense to go from being aggro with AQ pf, to then being passive once you hit. Im not saying Im "content" when I hit a pair, it obviously differs in every situation. Like, if you bet the flop, you should fold to a raise. I am not saying "zomg, we have a pair aarrrrr in." But checking here does not seem correct.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 AM

AKQ in a 3bet pot = your range should be hit.
If villian is not scared of your range, he is either a total [censored] (you can get his money later) or he has a huge hand (this is probably the one).
So i think its an easy dump.
If villian bluffs there hes just dumb, and we'll get his money later
Old 10-27-2007, 01:14 AM

I agree turn is a fold, im not arguing that. I am talking about the flop check.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 AM

I would c-bet and fold to a raise on flop, but the way it was played I'd just fold to that turn bet, even if I have 2 pair and is a 3-bet pot because he is probably not doing this with JJ or TT (maybe with a club, but this would be kinda donkish), this is a fold or shove situation (and I am probably never shoving this turn because the only hands that will call are the hands that beat me) because most of the times on river it is probably gonna happen exactly what happened, he will bet again and you will have to fold, you will lose your $10 and your 2 pair will be like nothing, so folding looks weak and nit, but saves you $10 almost all the times.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:49 AM

Flop check isn't too bad cause we keep pot small and we probably get one bet out of QQ/JJ that put us on a smaller pair.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:49 AM

I agree w/ Profish. Bet this flop please. Maybe if we were in position we can play differently. I don't see how we 3 bet preflop and then shut down for the whole hand after hitting the flop. If this is how we play 3 bet pots let's smooth call or fold the hand preflop cause it looks like we're only happy if villain folds preflop.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 AM

Cold calling here or even folding preflop vs a villian who has an attn to steal of 35% who's running with a vpip of anything over 15 is pretty much unnacceptable.

The reason why this hand is interesting is because of the exact nature of this flop. Obviously we will be put in far less tricky situations a majority of every flop we encounter. But the A, K, and then Q on the turn is what I felt made this hand particularly interesting.

This isn't a situation of "being aggro on one street and being passive on the next", this is a situation of doing what we think will make us the most money in the long run, and if going from aggro to passive is necessary to do so, than it will be done.

3betting preflop = checking this flop in terms of your equity vs villians range/highest EV play. Despite the opposite nature of both plays.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 AM

we didnt "shutdown", just happend that the turn was a horrible card.
if we bet that flop and villian calls, and that turn comes now what? now we feel even more confident and probably go broke to AK/QQ/KK
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cold calling here or even folding preflop vs a villian who has an attn to steal of 35% who's running with a vpip of anything over 15 is pretty much unnacceptable.

The reason why this hand is interesting is because of the exact nature of this flop. Obviously we will be put in far less tricky situations a majority of every flop we encounter. But the A, K, and then Q on the turn is what I felt made this hand particularly interesting.

This isn't a situation of "being aggro on one street and being passive on the next", this is a situation of doing what we think will make us the most money in the long run, and if going from aggro to passive is necessary to do so, than it will be done.

3betting preflop = checking this flop in terms of your equity vs villians range/highest EV play. Despite the opposite nature of both plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:08 AM

I think I need more info on villain. Even though I understand we can extract more value from worse hands w/ OP's line, depending on how tight and aggro the villain is I think we can be bet off the best hand. If villain is tight and not aggro but steals blinds a lot then I can understand this line. So STARS and ron both play the hand the same way as OP?