Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

how bout a link then champ
Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 PM

but so far i appreciate the helpful interchange prik
Old 10-26-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such BS. I was told I would receive a call today regarding my reimbursement being 3k short (I only got 100$ wtf?)

No phone call.. E-mailing them again and sending the PT stats. SIGH

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you lost to those accounts in the correct time period? It's pretty well accepted that GRAYCAT and others were not using the hole card info all of the time. Lots of people say they were losers on the site for awhile before some switch flipped. So if you just lost to them legitimately I'm sure you won't get refunded.

Not saying that's the case, just saying it's a possibility.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a lawyer, or a scientist or anything like that but couldnt u guys all come together and sue AP for everything they have now, or will have in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been discussed in a million posts - not gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cue 3 paragraph post from a clueless lurker about how you are an idiot for thinking people can't sue absolute poker*

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see if I can be clueless in less than 3 paragraphs.

You can sue in your state, and the court might even rule in your favor. Good luck collecting the damages though.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:01 PM

i would be so pissed if i lost to a superuser legitimately
Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason this site doesn't have signatures like every other retarted site out there. Gary why do you feel the need to open up that can of worms?

-suzzer99

SNG demi-god
<font color="green">2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with sunroof (adding skid plate and winch soon)</font>
<font color="blue"> 4th Level Magii </font>
http://seemystupidassblogthatIneverupdate.com

"Oh, sons of earth! attempt ye still to rise. By mountains pil'd on mountains to the skies? Heav'n still with laughter the vain toil surveys, And buries madmen in the heaps they raise." -Alexander Pope

[/ QUOTE ]
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

awesome. i esp love the car part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

-suzzer99

SNG demi-god
<font color="green">2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with sunroof (adding skid plate and winch soon)</font>
<font color="blue"> 4th Level Magii </font>
http://seemystupidassblogthatIneverupdate.com

"Oh, sons of earth! attempt ye still to rise. By mountains pil'd on mountains to the skies? Heav'n still with laughter the vain toil surveys, And buries madmen in the heaps they raise." -Alexander Pope

[/ QUOTE ]

Suzzer,

Can you reply to this post, and be sure to quote it?
Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 PM

Nat, the hand histories were awhile ago but I refuse to believe that he wasn't cheating back then also.. he might have just been a little smarter and less obvious, but he had the exact same statistics as he did recently with the crazy high river aggression.

After sending another e-mail, I just received a phone call almost instantly and it was reassuring, so hopefully I'll see my money.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but so far i appreciate the helpful interchange prik

[/ QUOTE ]

Truly, I'm not being a prik.
This question has been flogged to death in the threads.
If you really want to read everything, look through BBV, all the threads are clearly titled and they have cliff notes attached...
Old 10-26-2007, 07:21 PM

I believe it is possible that further justice could be brought on the perpetrators here, if some people with the organized details were to really pursue it. I'm not saying it's better than 50/50 or anything, but it's certainly not something to dismiss out of hand. The off-shore/reservation issues are issues, but not deal-breakers.

Hell it could be just a matter of getting a bored FBI investigator willing to pull at the threads of the popcorn thing or even the #363 thing.

I would say that the biggest obstacle is that the people who most desire further justice (does not include me) aren't the ones who have the details of the evidence that would be the starting point.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can i get a lawyer on here to tell me why not with super cliff notes

[/ QUOTE ]

For one reason, you can sue people when they damage you. You can get from them the amount by which they damaged you. AP is already giving those damaged the money they lost from the cheater. So there is no need to sue them. If the cheater stole a hundred dollars from you you can't generally sue him for two hundred dollars. There can be exceptions to that, but they're rare. In addition, it costs a fortune to sue someone. Your damages are - three thousand dollars. The lawsuit costs $75,000 - is that smart? Third, if you go to court and win, how exactly are you going to get the money you are owed? It would be expensive to collect. And what if you have to sue Joe Norton in the Indian Reservation where he lives. You think you might be at a disadvantage there? Lawsuits aren't as easy to pull off as people seem to think.