Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: OSU at Penn State

[ QUOTE ]
yes, OSU is better this year than at any time in the previous several seasons, imo, and much more balanced than last year's touted team.

tlt

[/ QUOTE ]

Your way off on this statement. Last years OSU team was much more well rounded. Offensively, it's not even close and this years team has depended on great D and especially a weak schedule. The big 10 really was exposed last year for a weak conference and nothing has changed so far this year. That being said I think PSU is overrated and Morelli has never played well in big games. I really like OSU to cover, it's still the beast team in a weak conference.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Can anyone tell me what the O/U is on this game? Seems like a possibility for PSU +3/Under and OSU +3/Over.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM

Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your way off on this statement. Last years OSU team was much more well rounded. Offensively, it's not even close and this years team has depended on great D and especially a weak schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Defense- way better
Special Teams- slightly worse (no Ginn)
WRs- slight drop
RBs- large improvement
OLine- large improvement
QB- large drop

I would rather have a drop on offense and a rock solid defense any time. I think last years team was better in some areas and worse in others. A team that is good defensively against the run could give OSU trouble if Boeckman is playing off his game. If he is playing well, shouldn't matter much.

[ QUOTE ]

The big 10 really was exposed last year for a weak conference and nothing has changed so far this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong again.

OSU- Close to same
Michigan- Slightly worse
Illinois- much improved
Penn State- about the same, slightly better
Indiana- much improved
Purdue- much improved
Michigan State- much improved
Wisconsin- about same, slightly worse
NW- much improved
Minnesota- much worse
Iowa- much worse

Wrong again.

[ QUOTE ]
That being said I think PSU is overrated and Morelli has never played well in big games. I really like OSU to cover, it's still the beast team in a weak conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree here.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 PM

TomCollins--I'd say Iowa is the same as last year--they were a 2-6 big11ten team that finished on a downswong
Old 10-26-2007, 04:12 PM

He is insane on the topic.
Mich, forecast for BCS Final last year now 'slightly worse?' LOLOLOL.
Iowa you already said. Wisky is not improved. PSU annhilated them, and yet he's saying PSU is no good.
Purdue hasn't beaten anyone yet. Not sure how they are much improved yet either.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TomCollins--I'd say Iowa is the same as last year--they were a 2-6 big11ten team that finished on a downswong

[/ QUOTE ]

It's close. I forgot how bad they were last year. They did almost beat Texas in the Alamo Bowl, and crushed Purdue, this year they get crushed by Purdue. They did have a good win against the Illini, but I would say that was more of the Illini screwing up more than Iowa dominating.

All in all, I would say Iowa is slightly worse than last year.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:38 PM

Michigan is only slightly worse. They have close to the same exact team. The reason for the huge losses last year but not last year, is because they did not face their apparent weakness which is a mobile QB. They were not the number two team this year, many of you said it all year, correct? So theyd be around 10ish right? What are they now? Michigan has a better chance of beating OSU than PSU in my opinion.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(ignoring non BCS opponents) in 2006, psu played only MSU, Mich, and NW at home, winning against MSU (4-8) and NW (4-8); in 2005, PSU went 11-1, and beat OSU, Minn, Purdue, Wis.; in 2004, psu beat only MSU at home, losing to NW, Purdue, and Iowa; in 2003, psu lost to BC, Minn, Wis, OSU (1 pt), and beat Indiana.

how, from this lackluster record (7w,9l) you conclude this is NOT an easy place to play, I have no idea.

tlt

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly because they sucked in 2003 and 2004. Homefield advantage only takes you so far if you have no talent.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have close to the same exact team. The reason for the huge losses last year but not last year, is because they did not face their apparent weakness which is a mobile QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

They lost their 5 best defensive players, with 4 of them going in the first 2 rounds.