Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: jokes you\'ve made IRL that flopped

[ QUOTE ]
This story happened in HS about 12 years ago when Mortal Kombat first came out. Our health teacher told us some woman from social services was coming in the next day and she expected us to be on our best behavior. The next day, this woman comes in and shows us a video on physical abuse. The video shows some guy coming home to his wife and 2 kids; he starts an argument w/ the wife. Evenually he starts hitting her in front of the kids and she falls on the ground and he starts kicking her in the head. It was actually pretty graphic, which surprised me. Anyway, just as he's about to stomp on her head, the social woman pauses the video to talk about it; I say, "Finish Her!". About 1/2 the class gasps in shock, the other half are trying not to laugh. My teacher got pissed and sent me to the principal's office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely go for a joke or even speak all that much in class or around people I don't know all that well. When I do, though, I usually get laughs, especially because no one expects it. Sometimes, though, that means they're not ready for it; they hear me, think for a minute, look at me funny, then just move on.

Once in an English class we were talking about movie adaptations of books. We went through the standard "book is better" discussion, then to cases where they were equal, then to the other end of the spectrum: the teacher asked for great movies based on awful books. I immediately blurted out "The Passion of the Christ."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Christian, and I think I find this more funny than anything else in the thread.

106,145 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I'm glad you boys like it, 'cause the people in class certainly didn't.

I talk about movies a lot, and I've learned that no matter what, any question about them can be answered hilariously with either The Passion of the Christ, Schindler's List, or Birth of a Nation.

edit: that MK line is A+
Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This story happened in HS about 12 years ago when Mortal Kombat first came out. Our health teacher told us some woman from social services was coming in the next day and she expected us to be on our best behavior. The next day, this woman comes in and shows us a video on physical abuse. The video shows some guy coming home to his wife and 2 kids; he starts an argument w/ the wife. Evenually he starts hitting her in front of the kids and she falls on the ground and he starts kicking her in the head. It was actually pretty graphic, which surprised me. Anyway, just as he's about to stomp on her head, the social woman pauses the video to talk about it; I say, "Finish Her!". About 1/2 the class gasps in shock, the other half are trying not to laugh. My teacher got pissed and sent me to the principal's office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wins thread.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 PM

DId you do the voice?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg roflol
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 PM

I remember when I was in grade 5 or 6, my best friend and I were huge WWF fans. The teacher was lecturing the entire class on misbehaving and she ended her serious speel with "and that's the bottom line", to which my best friend and I both instantly yelled "CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!"

I thought it was awesome, but she wasn't too impressed
Old 10-26-2007, 01:56 PM

I once wore a "No Fat Chicks" t-shirt to a college basketball game... People were looking at me like I was wearing a swastika on my chest
Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]FINISH HER!
*class gasps*
SUB ZERO WINS!
*teacher glares at you*
...fatality....