Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Turn play w KK oc\'s

[ QUOTE ]
one outer, i can do it in 5 words:

big pot, overpair, lagtard opponent.

what do i win? aside from this pot more than 1 in 14 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sane post of the day award, which comes with dinner at my place with me and my girlfriend provided you live in the Twin Cities metro area or western 'sconie.

And my undying respect for doing in a five word fragment what it took me a full [censored] sentence to say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 06:05 PM

He's a LAG. I call down. Maybe he has something like Q8, or maybe he's using the Q as a scare card, or maybe he has nothing. I mean, unless he has a set, you have plenty of outs.

I wouldn't fold here, even if an A peeled on the river (I would curse inside and damn the poker gods, but I would still pay off.)
Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm starting to lean more towards call down. We basically need to be ahead on the turn more than 5% of the time to make the call down profitable. I gave us 4 outs when behind and him 6 outs when he's behind. I still think it's a very thin call down, but likely profitable.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 PM

lol how could this ever be a fold against a live 4-8 lagtard. 3betting the turn is better than folding. You'll see him CR with QTo trying to "get you off your hand" way more than you'll see him twopair you.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Preflop play: you are fine obviously I do not think anyone would disagree with that.

Flop play: Sb c/r you with a garbage flop and you see him as LAG. LAG to me will c/r a TAG ALL day with just a pair here hoping TAG will put him on the 'automatic 2 pair in the sb type hand' Could he have flopped 2 pair or a set yeah, but he is LAG and you cannot fold KK to a c/r by a LAG on this flop. You raise his raise which will lose him on the turn if he only has one pair and doesnot improve so this is a questionable play. Nothing wrong with it, but you could have gone either way with it.

Turn Play: I think it is correct to bet, but considering his image I MAY check to him and c/r him back to show the strength of my hand (which he should already know-you played the hand to this point which screams over pair to me)

This is where you leave us and ask what we would have done. Well the turn I would raise him back and if he caps it I check crying call the river unless I 2 pair or set up.

If he just calls the raise on the turn then I bet out the river and if he raises there I crying call to see his flopped 2 pair.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn Play: I think it is correct to bet, but considering his image I MAY check to him and c/r him back

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

hero is on the button. c/r is not an option.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM

I made a mistake and mentioned c/r. What I meant to say was to call his c/r or maybe re raise his check raise because again in this spot I expect LAG to c/r a TAG with this board because of TAG ability to fold a decent hand to strong aggression.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM

thanks for all the advice. I did call him down and he had Q8o. I think since this hand became heads up. A better play would be to usually wait to raise the turn, as I will be ahead most of the time.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for all the advice. I did call him down and he had Q8o. I think since this hand became heads up. A better play would be to usually wait to raise the turn, as I will be ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably wrong about folding the river, as the consensus seems to be to call and the math backs it up - however, I'm pretty sure you're losing value by not 3betting the flop.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you're losing value by not 3betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]