Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Blind vs Blind vs Maniac-hows my line?

This came up last night. Villian was 66/12 over 40 or so hands and had been pushing incessantly pre flop and had sucked out several times. I just called because I knew if I spiked an A and villian caught any piece of the flop he would come over the top and I could stack. Is the call here terrible and how is my line for the rest of the hand? FWIW I am SURE villian does not have an A because he had pushed with A rag several times PF at earlier levels and never did not raise with an A in his hand.

Poker Stars, $6 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 75/150 Blinds, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): 2,550
Villian: 2,995
UTG: 1,635
MP: 4,631
CO: 1,044
BTN: 1,040

Pre-Flop: (225) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, Hero calls 75, Villian checks

Flop: (300) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 150</font>, Villian calls 150

Turn: (600) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 300</font>, Villian calls 300

River: (1,200) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 600</font>, <font color="red">Villian raises to 2,395 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 1,350 and is All-In

Results: 5,100 Pot
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Blind vs Blind vs Maniac-hows my line?

looks fine...did you lose?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM

1st not raising this preflop is an error imo - also if villain is on the very loose side position is nevertheless important - bad luck for you that he sits on your left side, still i think you have to raise this preflop.

When you plan was to stack villain off when you hit an ace and he hits anything your bets are too low - you play for 2550 so I would make it potsize or at least 3/4 on the flop and continue in that way.

On the river I would have checked and let him bet, but as he came over the top you accomplished your goal anyway.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 AM

BBV??? Given the description of villain do you honestly expect someone tell you to fold 2 pair in this spot?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BBV??? Given the description of villain do you honestly expect someone tell you to fold 2 pair in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am not looking for someone to tell me to fold here, just comments on how I played all streets, bet size etc...

I post hands to get criticism and advice on how to improve my play and this is a hand I was not sure if I played correctly on any street except the river. If I folded 2 pair against this villian I would need to quit playing poker and the results of the hand are irellevent.

EDIT : forgot to be nice, maybe I do belong at BBV. Thanks for the detailed analysis.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:25 AM

Sorry boss, if the goal is to get the stacks in. I would probably just bet 300-&gt;550-&gt;push.

Not checking the river, if a pushing maniac hasn't pushed the flop or the turn, I don't want to give him the opportunity to check the river behind.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:31 AM

since you raised, i like your flop bet, maybe a hair more, turn is fine, again maybe a hair more. river is definitely a check to induce a bluff from villain or bet same as turn to look unsure and hopefuly induce a shove.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since you raised, i like your flop bet, maybe a hair more, turn is fine, again maybe a hair more. river is definitely a check to induce a bluff from villain or bet same as turn to look unsure and hopefuly induce a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought the same thing, bet more pot size on the turn instead of firing a second half pot bet but I got the result I wanted regardless.

However, when Villian flipped up 3 4 offsuit for an idiot end str8 I could not believe he had called those bets with that.

An a side note I told him nice hand and I hope to play with him soon as I know he played the hand horrendous, regardless of the result. LOL DONKAMENTS!!!