Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

sorry, but grunch.

Who are the auditors and why are we comfortable with them?

N82, will you have any input into their audit plan or ongoing progress? It sounds like you should.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally caught up on this thread.
Thanks to everyone who is supporting the idea of me going down there.
-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. The effort you have put into this and the dignity with which you have conducted yourself responding to all kind of accusations is awe inspiring. I am not going to patronise you by comparing our ages as I feel truly humbled by your calm maturity throughout this saga.

The fact that there are just soooo many idiots out there surprised me, but really shouldn't have. After all, I meet representatives from that group every day at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatever you decide and in whatever format, take care and good luck!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not about going to jail or anything. It's about what cards you're able to use down the road if AP decides to do this sort of thing again - a lawyer can tell you what legal angles you might have at your disposal now vs AP supposing you wanted to pursue action against them later, and whether you forfeit those rights by doing certain things.

Even if you are absolutely sure you won't ever go after AP, it is nice to have options open and at least present the threat of doing so, so that AP knows they can't do this $hit again. Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
I see. Well, I'm not some sort of crazy vigilante. I have to be honest -- it bothers me to see people who I consider friends to be playing on AP every day since this whole thing went down. It really makes me wonder what the hell I put any time in for. I guess I did it so poker sites would be clean in the future, but this whole episode has basically proven to me that it really doesn't actually matter that much. Most people don't care about the poker site's reputation as long as they keep winning or they think they're going to win. That isn't how I thought it would turn out.

At this point, I'm trying to do whatever I can to make sure that AP is the best site it can be going forward. The idea of them crashing and burning is basically completely unrealistic. I don't plan on going after AP, especially not in a legal arena. All of the information that I have is simply hearsay and will probably never prove to be of any real use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit puzzled by this. You WANT AP to survive?

I've just spent a little time going through KGC's gaming regulations, I can't imagine a more serious breach of the rules than to a) allow or fail to stop insider cheating and b) fail to keep proper gaming records. If those two offences don't lead to revocation of AP's licence then what does a girl have to do to get revoked around here?

Seriously, I can't see that your going to Costa Rica will achieve anything other than making you their PR agent and giving the company a better chance of surviving. I mean, really, why do you think they invited you?

If AP does survive, it basically means that the gaming commission have no teeth and this kind of thing can and will happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 10-26-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've just spent a little time going through KGC's gaming regulations, I can't imagine a more serious breach of the rules than to a) allow or fail to stop insider cheating and b) fail to keep proper gaming records. If those two offences don't lead to revocation of AP's licence then what does a girl have to do to get revoked around here?

Seriously, I can't see that your going to Costa Rica will achieve anything other than making you their PR agent and giving the company a better chance of surviving. I mean, really, why do you think they invited you?

If AP does survive, it basically means that the gaming commission have no teeth and this kind of thing can and will happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I certainly can't speak for everyone, I think this represents the way a lot of people here feel. I mean, really, this makes 100% sense, doesn't it?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I certainly can't speak for everyone, I think this represents the way a lot of people here feel. I mean, really, this makes 100% sense, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe what he actually said was that he doubts AP will go down in flames, so if they are going to survive, he would like to make sure that they are the best they can be going forward.

The KGC has very little teeth. If they revoke AP's license, it will not put AP out of business.

This kind of thing can and may happen again.

Obviously, there are many things that could be learned on the trip, as previously explained in these never ending threads. There's no downside to a couple of the guys going down there.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe what he actually said was that he doubts AP will go down in flames, so if they are going to survive, he would like to make sure that they are the best they can be going forward.

The KGC has very little teeth. If they revoke AP's license, it will not put AP out of business.

This kind of thing can and may happen again.

Obviously, there are many things that could be learned on the trip, as previously explained in these never ending threads. There's no downside to a couple of the guys going down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, OP is more dogmatic than that. Perhaps he's right, given the opaque structure of the gaming commission and their lack of accountability, perhaps all 3 commissioners are on AP's payroll and perhaps they will do nothing.

But, if AP has no gaming licence, I don't really see how it can continue to trade. Nobody would do business with them. They could try to get accreditation with another authority, maybe in Malta, and maybe that would be a good outcome because Kahhawake clearly do not have their act together.

At least we've established that OP will not receive a fee from AP for this trip, that seems like a pretty standard line to get him on the payroll.

OP, nobody doubts your integrity for a second and please don't be offended when I say this, because you've done a fantastic job thus far, but you are in danger of being made a fool of by these people. Think about it. You clearly didn't realise the implications of accepting a fee from AP for this trip until the posters on this board pointed it out to you. Really, you are better off staying at home.

Guys, if you want to do something constructive, start lobbying the Kahnawake gaming commission. They are in charge of oversight, they are supposed to have guys who go in and audit this stuff, were they all asleep or something?!

Why have they not already suspended AP's licence given that AP now have a bad reputation in the business?! Attack them, I say, attack!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going > not going

and those are the only two real choices here.

[/ QUOTE ]
wait, there isn't a third option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, send an investigative journalist or an ex cop masquerading as Nat to go and give them the 3rd degree.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see. Well, I'm not some sort of crazy vigilante. I have to be honest -- it bothers me to see people who I consider friends to be playing on AP every day since this whole thing went down. It really makes me wonder what the hell I put any time in for. I guess I did it so poker sites would be clean in the future, but this whole episode has basically proven to me that it really doesn't actually matter that much. Most people don't care about the poker site's reputation as long as they keep winning or they think they're going to win. That isn't how I thought it would turn out.

[/ QUOTE ]
We haven't even started a campaign to let fish know what's going on - and many of them would go elsewhere if they were told. We could hurt AP significantly if we chose to, at least until such as they took action to stop it.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's certainly how I feel, but you gotta admit it looks like we're tilting at windmills at this point. The major mainstream news outlets haven't given this enough coverage to really hurt Absolute/UB in the pocketbook. Hell, even the poker media have been laughably quiet on this whole scandal. I'm still hoping for a miracle and that something happens to help push Absolute/UB over the cliff, but if that doesn't happen then I think Nat's involvement is the 2nd best thing we can hope for.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, if you want to do something constructive, start lobbying the Kahnawake gaming commission. They are in charge of oversight, they are supposed to have guys who go in and audit this stuff, were they all asleep or something?!

Why have they not already suspended AP's licence given that AP now have a bad reputation in the business?! Attack them, I say, attack!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kahnawake

I dropped them an email. Perhaps posting your message in the poker legislation forum is in order here to encourage others to just write something, anything, to them. Only good can come from more people complaining to them, regardless of whether your stance is that they should sink or swim.