Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: 60$ -QQ early vs regular

[ QUOTE ]
hard to believe he is a good regular with that tiny preflop raise that is giving you/button great odds to call and hit a set.

anyway, i just call the preflop raise and fold to his flop lead. the only thing you can ever beat is JJ. a decent regular is not making that big c-bet vs two opponents with kk/aa. who is the regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I disliked my line from the beginning to the end, he had AA and I knew it...

Reg was scooter something...don't remeber his exact name.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hard to believe he is a good regular with that tiny preflop raise that is giving you/button great odds to call and hit a set.

anyway, i just call the preflop raise and fold to his flop lead. the only thing you can ever beat is JJ. a decent regular is not making that big c-bet vs two opponents with kk/aa. who is the regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on the raise size, if i know a reg is raising utg level 1 my range would be KK/AA for reraises, and it would be bigger than he is making it.

John, i assume you meant to say 'is not making that big cbet vs two opponents WITHOUT KK/AA ?'

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i meant to say "is not making that c-bet WITHOUT KK/AA", thx.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I disliked my line from the beginning to the end, he had AA and I knew it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Luis, only guy named scooter i have in my database is scooterfjaes, i've played 240 hands with him in the last month but have never heard of him. his L1L2 stats are like 13/4, which match a lot of 2+2'ers.

so if i was playing this hand i would give the guy more of a tight/unknown label instead of regular. and tight/unknowns are capable of all sorts of silly stuff so i think your line is fine vs this type of opponent.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luis, only guy named scooter i have in my database is scooterfjaes, i've played 240 hands with him in the last month but have never heard of him. his L1L2 stats are like 13/4, which match a lot of 2+2'ers.

so if i was playing this hand i would give the guy more of a tight/unknown label instead of regular. and tight/unknowns are capable of all sorts of silly stuff so i think your line is fine vs this type of opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the guy: scooterfjaes

I think he is scandinavian so he usually plays during my time that's why I consider him a regular and he might no be the same for you.