Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately for AP, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission's Regulations Concerning Interactive Gaming require "Authorized Client Providers" to keep a gaming record for "five years after the end of the transaction to which the record relates".

In other words, AP should be keeping HH for five years otherwise they are breaking KGC's rule number 245.

The only wiggle room here is KGC says in rule 246, that rule 245 does not apply if the gaming record has been destroyed under approval of the KGC.

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommissio...ve%20Gaming.pdf

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important. Someone needs to notify the KGC of this conflict between their rules and AP's actions.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:14 AM

KGC is in a position to cripple AP if they failed to keep their HHs for 5 years.

From the KGC regulatory document:

[ QUOTE ]

Unless another fine is specifically provided, if the Commission, in its sole
discretion determines a Licence holder, Authorised Client Provider, key
person or Approved Agent has breached any provision of these
Regulations, the Commission may impose a fine for each instance of
such breach of not less than One Thousand ($1,000.00) Dollars and not
more than Twenty Thousand ($20,000.00) Dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about potentially hundreds of millions of gaming records at a minimum fine of $1,000 per record.

Ouch!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]

Please don't pretend you know what you're talking about when you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not pretending.
[ QUOTE ]

If the program is written with a tiered architecture, you can just switch in a new database access layer and
leave the rest of the program as-is.

[/ QUOTE ]
You call it a database layer, I call it an interface. Fact remains, when you change database, you need to alter the code accessing the database.
[ QUOTE ]

Besides, how do you know they didn't change the programs using it?

[/ QUOTE ] The support guy talks about a major change of the DB. Not about a major change of their system. Why would one change the db if it doesn't support changes in the program/system? Doesn't make sense to me, and those around me. And those around me have a lot of experience with databases and other things relevant to the discussion.

So please feel free to reply, and I'll throw it in the group here.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, just got my money back, ended being ~40k. This is approx a months work for me and is greatly appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i guess not, but it felt weird just saying just 40k, was adding something that made it more personal. Feel free to be offended

[/ QUOTE ]big releif for you then, hope this wont change your veiw tho, we must still maintain pressure [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 AM

statement is weeks old dude. were miles past that one already
Old 10-26-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Please don't pretend you know what you're talking about when you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not pretending.
[ QUOTE ]

If the program is written with a tiered architecture, you can just switch in a new database access layer and
leave the rest of the program as-is.

[/ QUOTE ]
You call it a database layer, I call it an interface. Fact remains, when you change database, you need to alter the code accessing the database.
[ QUOTE ]

Besides, how do you know they didn't change the programs using it?

[/ QUOTE ] The support guy talks about a major change of the DB. Not about a major change of their system. Why would one change the db if it doesn't support changes in the program/system? Doesn't make sense to me, and those around me. And those around me have a lot of experience with databases and other things relevant to the discussion.

So please feel free to reply, and I'll throw it in the group here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it doesn't make sense to make the database incompatible with the design of the system. But noone has claimed that. You are jumping to conclusions out of thin air.

Please notice that what was claimed was a change of the architecture.

One can only speculate, but here are a few possible changes out of dozens
- hole card data is not stored in the database until hand histories are written
- hole card data is not given to the game server until it needs it to evaluate a showdown

There is no point in speculating though. Naturally there is work done securing against hole cards exploits. There is no rational reason to doubt this.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And now you know the reason for releasing the Seif transcript.

It is prima facie "proof" that Absolute cannot offer settlements to any harmed party beyond what is retrievable in the 30 gig database of hand histories.

It is a slick way of containing their potential damages beyond what may have transpired over the past two months or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it might help if it were admissible evidence of anything to begin with.

In case you slept through evidence class in law school, under the Federal Rules of Evidence "Hearsay" is a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted.

A random IM conversation like this between interested parties doesn't exactly fall under any exception to the rule. How is it even possibly admissible by Seif or Absolute as evidence that what they are saying is true?

[/ QUOTE ]just to all the people going back and forth on finer points of the legalities of the situation.. its all irrelevant because usa laws dont apply in this case. costa rica/an indian native sovereign nation. people getting money back in this situation seems great to me epsecially for the like of ikestoys (40k). it all comes down to do we trust them when all has been cleared up? if we dont then they will lose enuff revenue by out action collectivley as a poker community. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So basically what you are saying is you cannot formulate a coherent argument to dismiss my assertions and theories.

Again, that begs the question of why do you may feel compelled to "explain" anything.

By the way, it is in your best interests to stop using message-board-speak. While you make think it is cute, it only serves to make you sound like an idiot.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I would suggest that it is in your best interests to stop using legalese when plain English can suffice. While you may think it is impressive, it only makes you sound pompous.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of sounding pompous, I graduated with honors from a "top ten" US Law School (Go Wolverines!). He makes little sense to me, either. I did sleep through most of 1L, though.

And if a lawsuit does take off, I will take Serinda's deposition free of charge. Other than that, you are on your own.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And now you know the reason for releasing the Seif transcript.

It is prima facie "proof" that Absolute cannot offer settlements to any harmed party beyond what is retrievable in the 30 gig database of hand histories.

It is a slick way of containing their potential damages beyond what may have transpired over the past two months or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it might help if it were admissible evidence of anything to begin with.

In case you slept through evidence class in law school, under the Federal Rules of Evidence "Hearsay" is a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted.

A random IM conversation like this between interested parties doesn't exactly fall under any exception to the rule. How is it even possibly admissible by Seif or Absolute as evidence that what they are saying is true?

[/ QUOTE ]just to all the people going back and forth on finer points of the legalities of the situation.. its all irrelevant because usa laws dont apply in this case. costa rica/an indian native sovereign nation. people getting money back in this situation seems great to me epsecially for the like of ikestoys (40k). it all comes down to do we trust them when all has been cleared up? if we dont then they will lose enuff revenue by out action collectivley as a poker community. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure whomever, especially the Americans involved in this case can be tried in a United States court if they wanted to. Im not positive, but I think it is misguided to declare it can not.

The US federal court system jurisdiction is very loosely defined and their is history of making normal state crimes federal by taking advantage of certain opportunities (using a cell phone, having a bank account from a non local bank, and so on). This is done very frequently when the federal government wants to charge someone in a RICO case. I would think they could do the same thing on a global level if they felt so inclined
Old 10-26-2007, 06:31 AM

maybe so in the case of individual US citizens, but there not touching kanawhake.
quote:
I would think they could do the same thing on a global level if they felt so inclined.
i would think this matter isnt big enuff to warrant that. not like its a country in the desert full of oil is it...