Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

Yeah I figured I was pretty much screwed unless the chick actually tried to get at me.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to break up with my girlfriend. This is the first serious relationship I've gotten myself into and will also be the first heavy break up. Been with her about a year, has been incredibly fun at times but we've argued too much for the last month and a half, which turned me way off to her. I attempted to do this all ready twice. One time was a two-minute talk that resulted in her calling me the next day (I would have never called her) and us getting back together. Then I tried again on the grounds that I didn't want to have a girlfriend, still trying to maintain that I liked her, but when trying to break up she convinced me - and I realized - that there's no real reason to break up right now. Before I was 50-70% sure I needed to end it but now its more like 80-90. She's real nice, very cool and fun, I just don't want her as a girlfriend anymore. How do I do this while hurting her feelings least? I don't really want to say something like "I just don't like you anymore" if I don't have to, but maybe I should(?). Any advice on breaking up/the whole thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bro, I don't don't want to sound like a prick, but grow up. Everything you wrote in your post is how you feel. Tell her that exactly. Don't sugar coat it, don't give her up. If it was the other way around, wouldn't you want to the truth?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Broke up with girlfriend yesterday. Bad timing as it turns out she had a rough weekend and was real emotional about a recent death in her family. Felt like a real jerk. Told her I'd comfort her if she needed. She was in bad shape, called me a few hours later and asked me to comfort her. Should I have gone or told her it was too much for me?

At this point I had all ready mellowed out with a J and a few drinks. Either I could go and be nice and make it much harder for myself or stay and be a jerk. Went over, she was extremely happy to see me, had a few more drinks. Hung out, she tried to make advances, I made it clear I am not getting back into a relationship with her, she says she doesn't want that and that I'm a terrible boyfriend anyway, but I think she's lying to herself. Anyway, get seduced into having sex with her. Its weird and right after I say that its not happening again and I leave soon after. The option of dating and [censored] her is there but thats probably all bad and will just make things much worse. No way that'd work for us, I'd feel like [censored] the moment she had sex with someone else and it'd probably be much worse for her if I did, so I reckon it'd feel like a real relationship which I don't want.

I think I did all right and the final [censored] was some very weird form of closure for us, or so I hope.

Now, to adjust to single life.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Ignore my prior post. You had to go over and console her, but the sex is just bad news.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 PM

When you're in a job interview, and the interviewer asks you "what is your biggest weakness?", what would be a good answer to give that sounds like a weakness but would be something that an employer would consider a positive thing?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM

kryptonite
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you're in a job interview, and the interviewer asks you "what is your biggest weakness?", what would be a good answer to give that sounds like a weakness but would be something that an employer would consider a positive thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, please don't do this. i mean it's a horrible question to start with, but don't exacerbate the retardness with something like: "my biggest weakness is that i'm too driven - once i get started working on something i just refuse to quit until it's perfect - sometimes to the detriment of the rest of my life."

that type of bs is just painful.

tell them your biggest weakness is fat chicks or something.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM

That's pretty much the type of things I was coming up with, and they all sound so stupid I definately can't see myself saying them. Then again I don't really want to be honest and tell them "I might be an alcoholic and have lived a pretty lazy lifestyle for the last few years, I'm pretty sure I would be motivated to work for you though".
Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Henry,

"You know nothing about this girl so why so fixated on her?"

The less you know about a girl, the easier it is to create an imagine in your head of how perfect she is and what a perfect match she would be for you. It's sort of pointless and pretty much never true or productive. Wish I had learned that many years ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm currently fixating on someone i know very well

update in approximately 5 days

wish me/us luck
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, please don't do this. i mean it's a horrible question to start with, but don't exacerbate the retardness with something like: "my biggest weakness is that i'm too driven - once i get started working on something i just refuse to quit until it's perfect - sometimes to the detriment of the rest of my life."

that type of bs is just painful.

tell them your biggest weakness is fat chicks or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

"my biggest weakness is wanting to punch dumb [censored] who ask dumb questions square in the face" as you crack your knuckles
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 PM

kryptonite, duh
Closed Thread