Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

On my PC Smartbuddy.exe occupies ~52,712K memory with 0% cpu usage, the highest in my list. Whether this is normal or not I'm not sure, the only thing I know is smartbuddy is the only application which noticeably lags my pc.

I can list a few of the symptoms below, sometimes I can play an entire session and hardly see any of this, other times I see a lot of it. I know these are all caused by smartbuddy, as the momment I shutdown the program, all of these symptoms dissapear.
1) choppyness moving poker windows
2) sluggish ahk script response
3) delay opening tables ie. the table appears to be empty for a couple seconds before finally loading the players
4) when i place a bet, it will not be made until ~1-2 seconds later
5) "slow internet behaviour" browsing websites etc.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

Next time you see this issue, can you try closing your IE windows and not Smart Buddy. Let me know what you get.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 PM

Default monthly subs discontinued, price increased (slightly)

I have been subscribing to SB for 3.99/month pretty much since it came out. But today I go to sign on and and it says subscription expired and I then find out that month to month subs are no longer offered. Now there seem to be two choices: a one-year option for $49.99 or 2 years for 79.99. No way I'm doing a two year - the poker landscape changes too quickly to think in 2 year increments. So I'm left with a signing up for a one year subscription that costs slightly more per month than the previous monthly sub. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That stinks. Most software companies reward a long-term commitment with a discount, not a penalty. So count me out on principle. I like SB, but I will use the slightly less elegant free alternatives.

If you re-consider and lower the yearly rate so I am getting a discount for making a long-term commitment I will reconsider. I know, I know... the loss of my business won't be enough to make that happen, but at least I tried... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: monthly subs discontinued, price increased (slightly)

If this is the case, you can add me to the list. I know there's time involved in processing each monthly transaction (although Paypal can deduct automatically each month, something that's be easier for both them and us but my suggestion keeps getting ignored...)

That's not the real issue, though. The big problem is the software is still flaky. I was almost confident enough to consider it out of "beta" when just the other day it just stopped working for no reason at all. I kept doing the back and forth with support and was getting the retarded responses, "did you reboot your computer?" when it just started working again on its own. If I pay monthly, the worse I'm out is a few bucks. No way am I paying a yearly until I'm confident it's reliable. As long as changes keep getting made to the software I don't think I can say that.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Every one is always grandfathered in with all pricing including the monthly subscription. Have you contacted support at pokerprolabs.com ?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every one is always grandfathered in with all pricing including the monthly subscription. Have you contacted support at pokerprolabs.com ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back at my credit card charges I see that the fee in August was $3.99 and for September and October I was charged $4.99. I really don't care about the extra dollar but I must know how you go about changing the price without the user's consent?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back at my credit card charges I see that the fee in August was $3.99 and for September and October I was charged $4.99. I really don't care about the extra dollar but I must know how you go about changing the price without the user's consent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, same here.

A couple of suggestions.

- Time spent at table indicator for buddies. This has practical application for both playing poker and as an aid to bot detection.

- Instead of the focus-stealing message saying that the server is inaccessable, have it pop up like it does in the lower corner.

- One of my main beefs with this program is that is an "attention hog". I don't want to pay attention to the program. I only want to notice it when I want to notice it - that is, when I go to look for a buddy. At the very least, we should have the options to turn notification of events on and off somewhere in preferences.

- I'm really disappointed in being charged an extra dollar per month with no notification.

- Smart Buddy Forum = HTTP 404 Not Found - a dead link to your forum doesn't speak well for your organization.

I've been a subscriber since August. Why should I stay with your service?