Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Just Say NO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG someone else who lives in the real world

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you imply ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant I agree with you.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Right you are.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM

I can't believe how easily people are willing to give up their fundamental rights. I used to think these guys caught on "Cops" are just random morons, but from reading this thread it seems that's rather the rule than the exception.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM

Cops don't need a warrant every time kids. I've had my car searched specifically AGAINST my permission before. Out of the car, into the back of the cruiser, search time. I was so mad about the situation I spoke to an attorney afterwards. Guess what? His word against mine. gg me.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just say NO, I don't want to talk to you, NO you cannot look at my cell phone. NO, I don't want you to look in my trunk. NO, you cannot come in my house. NO, I don't want to talk to you.

You see these guys on cops all the time, giving consent to search their vehicles, like complete dumb asses. The cops can be pretty darn tricky in getting the consent sometimes. It always turns out [censored] for them. I must admit it's funny to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you realise that if you start saying "NO" "No" "NO" you can't look in there that it actually gives the cops reasonable grounds for suspicion. This means that they can then look in your boot wether you like it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been lurking, but I had to post so that everyone in internet-land knows how very wrong and how very stupid this sentiment is. Denial of voluntary searches and seizures is not grounds for reasonable suspicion. This is derived from The Constitution, which I hear is pretty important, and mountains of case law. Please STFU.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cops don't need a warrant every time kids. I've had my car searched specifically AGAINST my permission before. Out of the car, into the back of the cruiser, search time. I was so mad about the situation I spoke to an attorney afterwards. Guess what? His word against mine. gg me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again: so [censored] what?! Do you think the cop would not have searched your car if you had agreed to the search or what?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:27 PM

You can say no to a cop and they can't search you unless they have possible cause(driving erratically, slurring, eyes wandering, smell etc...) If they think you have drugs they will bring the dogs and if they smell anything probable cause. But you are a lot better off saying no. Just don't look guilty while you're doing it.

If they really want to search it they will and they will probably screw you over but why not say no! All cruisers have cameras by the way. Say no loud enough and it will be on the video.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this particular officer had no understanding of the law as written? Either you're awfully wrong, or this cop was acting outside of the law and the power it grants him. Your attorney was also incompetent. Your poorly worded denial/bad luck/unwillingness to continue with a suit notwithstanding, the law does not allow for these situations, and your assumption that the resistance of said snitch would inevitably lead to other cops breaking laws is groundless.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Arrested at Foxwoods and banned for life

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to cash out my chips immediately after this happened but the supervisor or whatever told me I could not and the State Police would be there in a second. Not long before this whole thing we showed up together at Foxwoods in the same car, coming from the same hotel. I was allowed to go outside to smoke and they saw me make a phone call and assumed it was TJ (it wasnt). I gave them my phone after this and probably about 30 minutes after I got stopped. They also had a 3rd person from our group who makes it a lot more difficult to make anything up.

Looking back on it I'd have to say that not a single part of this from start to finish was avoidable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of punched you in the throat if you were my friend.

poorly played on every street...if they don't let you cash out your chips, say F them, leave, then come back later and cash out (like next week)
Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM

Different situations. Not sure why I'm bothering to explain it because you seem determined in your belief that "what cops want they always get because individuals who say no automatically get arrested always" but I'll give it a try again:

Making up some excuse like "we thought we smelled the odor of marijuana" = they can pull off searching your car and throw you in the back of your cruiser and just cover each others' backs.

Or you just acting like a drunk when they pull you over to require them putting you in their cruiser in the first-place means they can probably come up with enough to search around in your car.

Them saying "we want your cell-phone to catch that guy even though you have done nothing wrong" does NOT = OMG...if I don't give them my cell-phone they will arrest me.

I seriously doubt you did a very good job in dealing with the cops in your various situations. See those guys on TV shows who always claim they did nothing wrong who seem to have no idea they were practically bending over backwards to aggrevate the cops while also GIVING them cause to search them and their vehicle.
"I didn't do nuttin. I'm innocent! You see how they treatz me?!?! WAAAHHHHHH!!!!" he screams as he unwisely lunges towards the officer one more time giving him no choice but to put him in hand-cuffs.