Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

Why are so many avatars playing guitars? Because it rhymes?

<font color="green">They're not guitars, they're ukuleles. It's a BBV4L forum joke. Someone mentioned pua (pick up artist). Someone joked it was the Pennsylvania Ukulele Association. Hilarity ensued. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 AM

Why are there so many references to cats in here? Who is threadcat? Threadcat was referenced in the never fold KK contest thread.

<font color="green">Pictures of people's pussy cats have been an internet staple since 1947. Closet lesbian housewives would share pictures of their pussies with other closet lesbian housewives instead of real life snapshots of themselves so that they could keep their identities secret, thereby insuring that they could keep living the American dream with their husbands and 2.4 children while not watching soap operas but making Hamburger Helper for supper.

And Threadcat is on loan from a pro wrestling forum in Egypt. One day he will be gone. He shall not be missed.
</font>

<font color="blue">For real, check out the BBV thread by Toddy where he had to watch his neighbors cat. BBV legends were born there. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

Whats with the film cannister avatars?

<font color="green"> I think it's a default avatar choice if you don't want to search for one yourself. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 12:11 PM

what happened to all the uNL regs

<font color="green"> Moved on, moved up, moved away, still here, went to pocket 5's, busto, robusto, quit poker, got tempbanned, got permabanned, got IP banned, went back to school, quit school, joined the army, moved in with mommy, internet broke, got a job, lurk. I think that about covers everyone. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 12:13 PM

Is emc actually a winning player?

<font color="green">[b] Yes. But, personal questions about the mods is not within the scope of this thread. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 12:31 PM

AJ,

You mentioned that you found the optimum number of tables that you can play that maximizes your winrate. How many tables is that?

<font color="green">I think the majority of long time players find the optimal number of tables to be between 4 and 8, with a large majority of those being between 4 and 6. 6 is a good number for me personally.

But, it's a process and I've been playing online now for 3 years. You start with 2 and when you are comfortable there you just add one table at a time.
</font>

<font color="red">Seconded about it being a process. There was a time when I couldnt play 2 tables at once, now I cant play 4 at once because its too boring. Practice makes perfect.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Your playing 6 max 50nl, with no reads.
you raise medium hands from UTG to the button, in a row, all within your range of raising.
Hoping you can lists hands from about the middle of your range, and if checked to you on the flop, what flop you would continuation bet and what flops you wouldnt.

You have position in each hand but don't hit the flop in any hand.

<font color="orange">Tough Q to answer. I would typically c-bet most all given 0 history/image. Typically, best flops to c-bet are flops such as Kxx or Axx (with whatever you have). I find those flops give me the most FE. </font>

<font color="red">I shy away from cbetting super-wet flops like T98 two suited, the reason being that lots of hands will continue on these boards and if the draw hits and you check, the villain can quite easily rep the draw and take you off your hand.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:42 PM

How many hands do you need on someone for their AF numbers to be meaningful/significant? Thanks.

<font color="orange">Like all stats, you need a decent amount of hands. I would say maybe 500+? </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM

Barring any metagame etc. at the micros will you always 3bet AK OOP? If not are you doing it the same amount OOP as well as in position? For example do you 3bet AK OOP like 80% and smooth call the rest of the time?
I find that I suck in reraised pots OOP but by just smooth calling I'm letting weaker hands take me off too much.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense... having a tough time trying to articulate it. Thanks in advance for any advice though.

<font color="orange"> I would almost always 3-bet AK pf. there are definitely circumstances in which I wont (ie. nit opens UTG, i just call in pos). or sometimes vs. a super maniac i dont mind calling in position and letting him hang himself postflop. the thing with reraised pots is you can't win every one.

there are definitely times when you should c/f the flop. or not c-bet and just give up. good situations for this is like co opens, you 3-bet with AK, he calls. flop comes JT3 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s and he checks to you. i check behind there alot. </font>

<font color="red">Ive been experimenting with smooth calling AK from the blinds recently, and though I would certainly never recommend that you do it 100% of the time, I've found that vs villains who are likely to cbet and give up that you can often keep the pot small with what is often the best hand, rather than bloating the pot OOP preflop and then shutting down after a cbet, which can be really expensive.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:13 PM

One more annoying question about AK and Im not even sure if this is going to be able to get a definite answer

You have AK and 3 bet a utg+1 raiser and he pushes. I understand that this is a very player specific but in general are you calling against the majority of players in say 10nl? 25nl? 50nl?
If this is too player dependent for an answer than thats fine too.. just thought I'd give this one a shot.

<font color="orange">I would typically call but there can be made a case for folding I suppose, depending on the player. however, you should think about why you 3-bet him in the first place. if his calling range beats you (ie. he only calls reraises with QQ-AA/AK oop), then why 3-bet him to begin with? just depends i guess. </font>

<font color="red">Imo this is too player specific. I called this spot at 100nl today and the dude had 66, but last week I ran into AA/KK like every time. So there's no real good answer.
Closed Thread